JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS WITH RECKON ACCOUNTS & RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED

Comments

• Simon Wood
    Simon Wood Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav there is no example where the employee is paid more than $1500 per fortnight .  Should the payslip  have JOBKEEPER -TOPUP  $0.00   OR do we just not put this item in the payslip (I have all employees JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 for their first fortnightly pay)
    Cheers

• Serena
    Serena Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    We have a monthly pay cycle where the Apr pay is normally processed in the 1st week of May after collecting timesheets. We need to process a JK topup payment before end of Apr according to the guideline. However I will not know the exact working hours for each employee at this stage. Should I process the full $3250 as topup and include the JKstart01 payroll item and lodge it through STP. Then amend the pay run and lodge an amended STP in early May?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Simon, if your employee earns over $1500 per fortnight then in this scenario there is no JOBKEEPER-TOPUP amount required to be added to the employees pay. Only the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX is added.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cuono Riccio
    Cuono Riccio Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020
    And this START-FNXX is only required to be done once per employee and never to be done again, regardless of date period. (I think I asked this before?)
  • Aimee Gooney
    Aimee Gooney Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Hello, We run our pays weekly. So I have already submitted STP for the following payruns. 1st April, 8th April, 15th April, 22nd April. But as per the ATO it says you can re-instate employees that had been stood down and still claim for the period 30th March and "back pay" the employee however, my question is, do I create an un-scheduled payrun or do I go back and edit our previous payruns and re-submit to STP?
  • Gillian_9673196
    Gillian_9673196 Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2020
    this is on the Reckon FAQ's 
    I’ve already processed my April pays. What can I do to register for JobKeeper?

If you are going to pay the employees again by April 30th, you can include the START item in the next payrun. If you are not going to pay your employees again before April 30th, you will need to undo the last payrun, add the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX (where XX represents the JobKeeper start fortnight to be reported). Once the payrun is complete you can send this as a STP Update Event to include the new items.

• Lilly Scalora
    Lilly Scalora Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2020
    Yes we have exact same situation. I think create an unscheduled pay run before 26/04/20 is easier.
  • Aimee Gooney
    edited April 2020
    I have read the FAQ regarding previously submitted payruns however, I am still a little confused. If I only put the Jobkeeper-start- fnxx in our next payrun (29thApr) does this mean that we will only recieve payments from that fortnight? Because after reading the ATO site it is my understanding that you can re-instate employees that had previously been let go and back pay them from the 30th March, in which case would you not need to re-submit the previoys pay runs via STP with the Jobkeeper-start-fn01 to recieve the back payments for that period? TIA Aimee
  • Gillian_9673196
    edited April 2020
    after I setup the new items in the payroll list
    I went back to the first payrun of the month.
    1)edited to add the JOBKEEPER START-FNXX which in my case xx = 01
    2)added the top-up amount for the staff paid under $750 per week
    3)ran the STP as update event and submitted
    4)then edited the following week with the top-up, ran stp as an update event and submitted etc for each week.
    5)emailed out payslips and processed backpays as needed.
  • Aimee Gooney
    edited April 2020
    Okay, thank you Gillian I appreciate your time. I will update and submit them tomorrow.
  • Gillian_9673196
    edited April 2020
    you're welcome
    I am hopeful that the ATO may cut us some slack as we all try and muddle through
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Unrelated to JobKeeper - creating separate thread Please reference the new conversation here: STP error message

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Allan West
    Allan West Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jason.  After setting the START and FINISH items as 0.00 and finishing the action, I notice that when you go back into the Items, the field is blank again.  Is that OK?   
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Allan,
    Yes that is fine. The START and FINISH items are only meant to update the ATO for when an employee starts and stops receiving JobKeeper.

• Allan West
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I've gone back and edited the pay slips for w/e 10/4 & 17/4 to identify the JK codes.  Does it make sense that when I go re-print the pay slip, those codes don't appear even though I can see them on the paycheque?  Do I need to do a complete new payroll? 
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2020
    Hi Allan. Remember 0.00 values dont appear on our payslips. We have a FAQ on this. I'll add the link in a minute. 
  • Allan West
    edited April 2020
    My main concern that the JK codes won't get picked up when I submit on STP.  Is that not an issue?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited April 2020
    HERE is the link. 

And yes it will. If you are concerned you can review your STP submission in Reckon GovConnect before you submit to the ATO. 
  • Allan West
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jason, do I select a Full Replacement or Updated Event before sending off to STP?  If I do the former will that override the data I previously sent for w/e 10/4?  
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you're updating previous pays then you need to do an Update Event
  • Jason Hollis
    edited April 2020
    The confusion lies with the ATO preferring that the START/FINISH items are 0.00 value,  which we have allowed in Reckon GovConnect however lots of software sees 0.00 as nothing "blank/null" > as does Reckon Accounts. 

The best way to ensure the items are sending is to review your submission in Reckon GovConnect. 

Or, as noted, some users are adding the allowance as 0.01 to give them some peace of mind > the ATO have said they will accept this as well as 1.00.

Either option is fine, but as I said, we recommend checking the STP submission in GovConnect (not all vendors have this option and lodge straight from the software). 
  • Cuono Riccio
    edited April 2020
    What happens for months which have 5 weeks, for me April there is 4 weeks which is fine, but for May there will be weeks of pays.....what do we do here?

I read somewhere that you have to forecast your monthly turnover, whats this for if it starts hitting your normal average does jobkeeper stop?
  • Christine_10538370
    Christine_10538370 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi all. I amended the payrun on the 15 Apr with the 'Jobkeeperstart FN01' item (and top up payments where needed), but couldn't lodge it as an update event. Since then I processed the next pay (29 Apr) without the 'jobkeepstartFN01' item and lodged the STP file. Will it still pick up the code from 15 Apr payrun even though I wasn't able to update the event? 
  • Cuono Riccio
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav/all,

I have gone back from the 1st of April and updated my pays as an updated event and uploaded them via the reckon portal. I now have 4 entries on the same date, however in the detail section the actual pay dates are correct. All the YTD and allowances including Jobkeeper topups etc are all showing up. Why are the updated event uploads showing zero values though. Please look https://ibb.co/3f2tTr2
  • Natalie_10595062
    Natalie_10595062 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav/All

We have just submitted our updated event STP file today and the values are all at $0.00. Is this correct for an updated event?
  • Cuono Riccio
    edited April 2020
    Natalie, look at my post above its the same...click on my link. All of my totals are zero. I'm thinking this is normal?
  • Natalie_10595062
    Natalie_10595062 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, I did read your post and as I am experiencing the same issue I would like Rav or admin to confirm that this is to be expected and it is normal.
  • Trevor F.
    Trevor F. Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Following this too!
  • Larshar College
    Larshar College Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    I have updated my pay allowance (JK Satrt FN01) for the pay week ending 4 April and run it through STP as updated event, it has come up for today's date. Do you think that will effect the data submitted to the ATO for previous  pay runs 
  • Margaret_8082183
    Margaret_8082183 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020
    So to clarify, if I've done the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 on a weekly pay which is today 28th April.

What do it put on all subsequent pays from next week onwards?  

Do I put JOBKEEPER-TOPUP even though this figure will be 0.00 most of the time for my employees.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited April 2020
    Hi Margaret. No only use TOPUP if your employees are receiving a top-up. 
  • Margaret_8082183
    Margaret_8082183 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    So what should be put on all future weekly pays? Do we put anything about JobKeeper?
  • Jock
    Jock Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Hi,

The instructions to replace an STP payrun says "you need to undo the last payrun" 
    How do I do this?
  • Donna Harvie
    Donna Harvie Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Once you have qualified it doesn’t stop.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited April 2020
    Hi Margaret. Once you have used the START item to flag eligible employees (you need to flag them as they become eligible - that could be all employees at once but not always) to the ATO you don't need to do anything else unless they are: 
    1. Eligible for the topup.
    2. Exiting the program (use the FINISH) item. 

• Claire Elder
    Claire Elder Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2020
    So this is for those with payroll. For sole traders receiving jobkeeper do we just enter it as an income item and select a spare income account that can be renamed for it? Thanks
  • Jen Whyte
    Jen Whyte Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Yes I would like to know this too 
  • Claire Elder
    Claire Elder Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Jen, I’ve been told in another forum that we just report as Other income
  • Jason Hollis
    edited April 2020
    Hi guys. Just to clarify, as a software vendor we are unable to give specific tax accounting advice so please contact your accountant or bookkeeper if unsure. Also be comfortable that if you read information in another forum, that the advice came from a qualified person. 
  • Kristen_9983120
    Kristen_9983120 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2020
    Hi Rav, hoping you can help me with what is probably a very silly question.  What report do we run to show our GST Turnover?  We are a small school (280 Students) P&C and are not registered for GST?  TY in advance for any response.