JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS WITH RECKON ONE

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
edited April 2020 in Reckon One

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Julie Couch
    Julie Couch Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thank you, just a quick question - If I have employees that earn more than the $1500.00 per fortnight and I plan on advising the ATO via the Portal that they have completed their nomination form - DO I NEED to do  these Jobkeeper Transactions on their pays? I only have 2 employees that I need to do a top up for.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    I've just updated my post above to include an FAQ document from Treasury which covers a number of scenarios including eligibility which should cover what you need. Let me know if its not quite right though.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kylie_10112983
    Kylie_10112983 Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav.  Could you please clarify if I am processing a payment for the first time today, I am in JOBKEEPER START-FN02.  I pay weekly and therefore haven't been able to start back in JOBKEEPER START -FN01.  I have lodged all previous weeks with STP already.  How to I backdate to JOBKEEPER START-FN01?  I can backdate JOBKEEPER-TOPUP to 30 March 2020.  Also if I start in JOBKEEPER START-FN02 will I get Jobkeeper payment back to 30 March 2020?
  • Danny Loypur
    Danny Loypur Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav
    What do people do that have Payroll in Reckon Hosted?
    Regards
    Danny
  • Steph Van der Does
    Steph Van der Does Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav, For the pays I have already processed (weekly runs) do I need to go back and amend these with the Job Keeper line items? Also, can I keep processing weekly instead of fortnightly as some staff are not eligible. So instead of $1500 per fortnight its $750?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kylie,
    If you've already sent through STP submissions that contain JobKeeper payments before adding in the required JK pay items then you'll need to go back to those payruns and edit them to include them. Once you've done that, create an Update Event and send through via GovConnect.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Danny,
    There is a separate post with full instructions for Reckon Accounts & Reckon Accounts Hosted users.

Check out our JobKeeper Hub here - https://www.reckon.com/au/jobkeeper/

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yes you will need to go back and amend those already sent pay runs if they include JobKeeper payments. Its important that you do this so that the ATO knows when they started. You'll need to send an Update Event via GovConnect for those payruns if you've sent an STP submission already as well.

For weekly pays - $1,500 across the paydays within each JobKeeper fortnight period, including any out of cycle payments. Example: if weekly payday is on Wednesdays, then there are 2 paydays (1/4 and 8/4) within Fortnight 01, so total pay per eligible employee must be at least $1,500 for those 2 pays. It may be evenly split ($750/pay) or the second pay must make up at least the total $1,500 ($400 then $1,100)

• Coralie Van Wilder
    Coralie Van Wilder Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav, a couple if questions:

1. just confirming that if an employee makes more than $1500 a fortnight and qualifies for the entire 13 fortnights all I have to do is include the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 allowance item on the payslip in the first fortnight and the JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN13 allowance item on the payslip in the last fortnight?  Nothing in between?

2. On the ATO Business Portal it says that "A business intending to use STP enabled payroll software with JobKeeper functionality: Update each eligible employee in software and lodge via STP enabled software by 30 April" - what do they mean by updating the employees? 

Thanks for your help! 
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Coralie,
    1.) Yes nothing in between, you only need to enter the START code once. 

2.) I'm not sure what they're referring to there specifically but I am going to assume they mean to add the relevant JobKeeper pay items to the employees who are eligible (in the guides above) prior to sending through your STP submissions.

• Coralie Van Wilder
    Coralie Van Wilder Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Great thanks for the quick reply!
  • Alice
    Alice Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav,

I have client paying monthly payrun Gross $2667.00 (01.04.2020 - 30.04.2020).

Do I enter Jobkeeper-TOPUP $333.00?

Please advice?
  • Matt_10586535
    Matt_10586535 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav

MYOB state the following in their JobKeeper Quick-tips below. I assume this is based on how the ATO treat the STP files received and therefore is a valid approach for Reckon One. Please confirm. Thanks

What are the transition arrangements for April 2020 – I’ve already recorded some/all my payroll? If you have already paid your employees their regular pays for some or all of April without the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 code

You are able to nominate your start date for Jobkeeper by adding the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 code into the next regular pay provided it is done before the 30 April to receive JobKeeper subsidy payment after 4 May) for each employee who has earned less than $3,000 gross in the two fortnights, you will need to add a top-up amount into the JOBKEEPER TOP-UP allowance to bring them up to $3,000.

Any employees who have already earned the $3,000 limit do not get paid any top-up and their normal salary etc are allocated as they normally would be for regular salary and wages payments - there is no top-up allowance paid to notify the government that they have been paid the actual $1500 required.
    https://community.myob.com/t5/COVID-Australia/Quick-tips-for-JobKeeper/td-p/641168

• Emily_10584827
    Emily_10584827 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav,

I have a client doing monthly payrun, there will be two pays since March, which are March pay (01.03.20 to 31.03.20) and April pay (01.04.20 to 30.04.20). 

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 is for 30.03.20 - 12.04.20. 

In this case, does my client need to add JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 in both March and April pays? Or just once in March?

Thanks.
  • Tom Mackovski
    Tom Mackovski Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My phone app does not allow me to amend previous payments since early April, nor does it allow me to process Job Keeper as an allownce. It is very basic.
    It does not have Payroll settings.
    How can I process Job Keeper?
    Thanks, Tom
  • Jodie Porter
    Jodie Porter Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have a similar issue Emily as I normally pay monthly. I am going to change to 4 weekly and pay on Friday with the top up for a couple of my team. I'm wondering if I put JOBKEEPER- START- FN01 as I'm wanting to claim from 30th march or do I put FN02 as payment is in the second fortnight? The previous payment was done on April 1st so otherwise should I amend that payrun to be FN01? I'm sure this will all be much smoother once we get it started!! Fingers crossed anyway...
  • Kylie_10112983
    Kylie_10112983 Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav.  I have been able to update the STP for week ending 3.4.20 to include JOBKEEPER-START-FN01.  However when I change the one from yesterday that I sent through with JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 (because I hadn't heard back), when I go to send the update it doesn't pick up the changes to the allowances (me deleting JOBKEEPER-START-FN01) it still has it in there even though the payroll schedule has them deleted.
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Options
    HOW DO I PROCESS JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS IN RECKON ONE?

• ÊâøÈúñ Áî∞
    ÊâøÈúñ Áî∞ Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav,

For the pays just have some questions. I have processed the our normally fortnightly pay run on 5apr for period of 23mar-4apr, however it cover the first week of FN01 jobkeeper period. What should I do to deal with the next pay run period on 5apr-19apr. Should I put JK-START-FN01 or JK-START-FN02 on this following pay run? or should I need to amend the 23mar-4apr pay run with adding up the JK-START-FN01 code.

Thanks 
    Erin