jobkeeper - revising historical STP file in Govconnect

Options
Penny_10069933
Penny_10069933 Member Posts: 11
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Can you please advise, I've just updated our fortnightly payrun ending 02.04.20 to include  Jobkeeper-start-fn01 for all our employees. In Govconnect I requested new payrun/full file replacement to reflect these changes. I now have 2 payruns in Govconnect with the same paydate of 04.02.20 both successfully submitted to the ATO. Is it possible to remove the payrun not containing the Jobstart -start prefix. If not, will this cause confusion for the ATO & just for future reference if I was to do this again should be choosing previously Update previously completed ATO submission. Please advise. Thank you

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My understanding is that you cannot delete a STP file once it has been lodged.

However, two STP files with the same date should not be a problem provided the second file has been successfully processed.   

To double check, open GovConnect and look at your STP files.   Check the detail link - and on the top right where it says "full file replacement";
    - on the first file you lodged it should say NO
    - on the replacement file with the updated details it should say YES
    If this is the case, no further action required.  
  • Penny_10069933
    Penny_10069933 Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks so much Bruce for your quick response. It does say YES on the full file replacement.