JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 QUESTION

Bill Lumchee
Bill Lumchee Member Posts: 6
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi. 
I have just processed a payrun today and lodged STP for 6 employees.
I only included the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 allowance code for the 2 employees that required the top-up allowance.
I now believe I should have noted ALL other employees, even though they do not need the top-up (earn over $750 per week), as this indicates I intend to claim the JOBKEEPER payment for them.
This was not stated clearly unfortunately and the logic eluded me.

My questions:-

1. How do I recall the payrun in Reckon and edit their wage detail to record JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 against all the other employees?  Or can I delete it entirely, and just do a new one same date with the proper detail?

2. Is it a 'Full file replacement' or 'Update event' in Reckon STP window ?

3.  I assume it will be a 'New Pay Run / Replacement' in STP lodging ATO portal window.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Sue Barton
    Sue Barton Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Hi Bill You will also need to change the employees that you have to top up their wages to JOBKEEPER-TOPUP
  • Bill Lumchee
    edited April 2020
    Many thanks for the good advice !
    Cheers
    Bill
  • Wendy C
    Wendy C Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2020
    With regards to this also, do you have to then do the STP update for each week you've added the JK Top ups? Or just the first one to include the START of JK, then the latest payroll which now includes top ups for the last few weeks..
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I followed the instructions I printed out about setting up the allowances and making the first payment,   But I don’t think I got it right even after that.This is one of my payslips, can someone please direct me

I also included the START code on people who didn’t get a top up 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Kris, your start item should be FN01 if the employee is eligible from the first fortnight?... the topup value is harder to chk without knowing what other amounts have been included for other pays? Their total gross for the 4 weeks of April needs to be 3000 so the topup value should be amended accordingly..
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Wendy, the START item only needs to be included once. Per employee..
  • Wendy C
    Wendy C Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2020
    Thank you, then the latest STP will capture all pay updates to date. I checked this on last nights STP, and the latest figures, including all top ups for the month are there - just for those others that are also wondering this. Thanks Linda
  • Michael O'Connor_7053891
    Michael O'Connor_7053891 Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Hi Linda;

When doing my pay run in reckon accounts the "Jobkeeper start FN01" and the "Jobkeeper topup" are only appearing in the "other payroll items" area.. Is this correct???

Then next payroll do I only have to do "Jobkeeper topup" or should I include the item "Jobkeeper Start FN02 also??

Michael O'Connor
  • Simon Hutchinson_7077598
    Simon Hutchinson_7077598 Alumni Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Hi Michael,

It is correct for them to appear in the other items area as they are allowances.

You only need to do JOBKEEPER-TOPUP in the subsequent pays. The start fortnight is only reported once
  • Stephanie Siow
    Stephanie Siow Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Hi Linda, I have lodged my payrun with Jobkeeper-Start-FN01 prior to my enrolment to Job Keeper. Is that ok?  Also, what should I do once I have done the enrolment? Do I still need to send any file to Ato for the eligible employees? Thanks Linda

• Vanessa_7035974
    Vanessa_7035974 Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2020
    Just a question further question regarding this:
    Our payrun was on 2nd April & we  pay weekly. On the 2nd, I had two staff who where paid more than the $750, three staff who require a top up & one that doesn't qualify. So do I go back to that pay run, & add the "Jobkeeper start FN01" to the two staff who received more than $750 & then relodge the STP as a replacement file. Then in todays payrun, for the ones who require a top up amounts, do I add the "Jobkeeper start FN01" for them in todays run & add their top ups in that ?
    edited June 2020
    Hi Vanessa,

Payroll Premier has a seperate process detailed here where START-FNXX is not required

https://help.reckon.com/article/o2icztv7ys
  • Vanessa_7035974
    edited April 2020
    Hi Simon. I don't use payroll premier, I use Reckon Hosted. But my question was when do I add the Jobkeeper start FN01 for my three employees who require a top up payment, back in the payrun on the 2nd, or can I just add it in for them today when I pay their top up amounts
    edited April 2020
    Hi Vanessa if you are paying them today you can just add it to todays payrun.

Sorry about the confusion with payroll premier
  • Vanessa_7035974
    edited April 2020
    All good. Thanks. And for the guys who were paid above $750 back on the 2nd, I just go back to that pay run, add the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 to their pay & then re-lodge the STP as a replacement file?
    edited April 2020
    Hi Vanessa

If you are not paying them again this month you can do that but instead of doing a replacement file, just send a update file which will pick up the change.
  • Vanessa_7035974
    edited April 2020
    I am paying them today. So can I add that JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 in todays pay? Or do it add it to 2nd of April pay & then when I lodge STP for today it will reflect that? Sorry, I know you are getting a thousand questions at the moment.
    edited April 2020
    You can add it to todays pay. :)
  • Vanessa_7035974
    edited April 2020
    OK, so be totally clear :)  I can just add JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 into todays pay run  for ALL my eligible staff, pay the backpay/top up amounts to those who need it & once I lodge my STP today, that is effectively advising the ATO that we are claiming Jobkeeper from fortnight 1.  I don't need to go back & add it into a previous pay run.
    edited April 2020
    Hi Vanessa, this is correct. For the month of April they are allowing people to report FN01 at any time until April 30, to start in the first week.
  • Vanessa_7035974
    edited April 2020
    Great, thanks!
  • Bill Lumchee
    edited April 2020
    Simon, when entering all the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 (all my staff start FN01) I was given the option to make it a permanent record which I chose 'YES'.
    I suspect this may now show on each subsequent pay run - is there a way I can edit it out to ensure it is not repeated weekly?  ATO has been advised now via last STP lodgement,(and only wants to see it once).
    Thank you.
    Bill
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Unfortunately - you will have to go back to each employees record - go to the Payroll & Compensation windows - and remove this allowance from there!  have fun! :)
  • Bill Lumchee
    edited April 2020
    Done - thanks so much !
    Bill
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2020
    I was going to put in the second one on this weeks pay for the next fortnight. So when I setup the allowance Start FNxx, should I have made that FN-01
  • Kris_Williams
    edited April 2020
     I was going to put in the second one on this weeks pay for the next fortnight. So when I setup the allowance Start FNxx, should I have made that FN-01
  • Kris_Williams
    edited April 2020
  • Kris_Williams
    edited April 2020
    I am happy with the top up amount, I think. It was just 1500 less their gross pays for the first 2 weeks, so I was going to repeat the process on the next pay for the following 2 weeks pay
  • Herb Chin
    Herb Chin Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    To correct for prior JK payroll payments already submitted to the ATO, I note the earlier advice to "Upon getting into Reckon GovConnect - choose the Update option and send throughOn Reckon One STP"
    I am unable to spot where this "Update event" option in GovConnect STP portal is.
    Would be grateful if someone can enlighten me.
  • Kris_Williams
    edited April 2020
    Yes I has trouble finding this too, in the single touch payroll tab I had to set the pay to draft and then click on the dropdown menu and instead of send to gov connect, there iwas a choice of update a file replacement or words to that effect.
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Hi Kris & Herb - just for future reference - it would be easier for those of us trying to help if your Reckon One questions were posted in the Reckon One category - and not the Hosted category?  cheers Linda
  • Herb Chin
    Herb Chin Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for pointing this out Linda. First time Community user mistake.
    I note that Jeff has posted a similar query to mine under Reckon One a few hours ago - no response as yet.
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    No worries! Kris might like to post hwr answer in the R1 category?
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Yes, enrolment to be done by 30th April and then send STP files to ATO with correct info.. please checkout https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/jobkeeper-payments-frequently-asked-questions-faq for more info or register for one of the Webinars.
  • Evolve Styling Admin
    Evolve Styling Admin Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, Linda, that's really helpful.
  • joe_10598851
    joe_10598851 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    hi can someone help me im  new to this all  i have paid and submitted to ato my first fortnight 30 to 14th but did not do jobkeeper section so when i submit my second fortnight 13-26th do i put jobkeeper start 02 and will the ato know that my first fortnight payments are for jobkeeper ????

• Evolve Styling Admin
    Evolve Styling Admin Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Hi Joe,
    I think you can update the payslip and resubmit to ATO by following the steps Linda posted at the very beginning of this thread.
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Joe - firstly you should watch the webinar from yesterday - https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/webinar-jobkeeper-payments-reckon-accounts?utm_source=not... this will answer many of your questions, and make sure you have followed all the steps.  But your specific question is that when you submit the 2nd fortnight to STP - make sure it contains the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 item to show the ATO that you want the JK payment for that employee from the first fortnight - if you put FN02 - then you wont receive payment for the first fortnight...
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited April 2020
    Joe
    If you are claiming JobKeeper from the start you can add JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 for each employee when you lodge your 26 April STP file.

PS   Do you know that in theory, the STP file is supposed to be lodged before people are actually paid?   Or are you paying now for the fortnight ending the 26th?