JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX Pay Item - Use one per fortnight?

Carol Wooley
Carol Wooley Member Posts: 12
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Can you please clarify - for WEEKLY pay runs, once we work out that we are able to claim the JobKeeper payment for an eligible employee, so we have to add the pay item JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 in the pay run which falls in the first week of the FN01 fortnight date, we don't have to put this code again in the second weeks pay run correct?  Because that is still within the first Fortnight's date.  Then when we do the payrun in the 3rd week which falls within the FN02 dates, we then have to put the JOBKEEPER-START-FN02 in that weeks payrun?

Comments

• Jen_8082210
    Jen_8082210 Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2020
    Oh my goodness! Thanks for asking Carol.  I need to know too, as I pay weekly and the Webinar didn't clarify this. Hope someone knows? I wonder if we have to update the first payrun for April with FN01?

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX is only used once per employee and is used to denote the fortnight in which the employer first claims JobKeeper in respect of the employee.   The pay frequency is quite independent of this.
  • Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Bruce. So if I do our weekly pay tomorrow can I use FN01? Will ATO work out that it's from 30 March?
  • Jen_8082210
    edited July 2020
    Update! Or do I go back to the first fortnight in April and update that?

• Carol Wooley
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Bruce
  • Carol Wooley
    edited April 2020
    My understanding is that we would have to go back and correct the pays in the first fortnight (but I stand to be corrected) and re-submit/update via STP as well

• Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    That's what I thought too, which means maybe we have to update the first pay with the new Jobkeeper FN01 and then it should be OK?
  • Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    Actually that's what i'm going to do tomorrow Carol and Bruce. Update the first pay in April with the Jobkeeper FN01 and then hopefully do my normal pay run tomorrow after that!  If this is just wrong can someone tell me please??
  • Bruce
    edited April 2020
    Assuming all employees are paid tomorrow (29 April) then there is no need to go back update the first pay in April.   You then add JOBKEEPER-START-FNxx for each employee where xx is the first fortnight for which you are claiming JobKeeper.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jen.  From what Reckon has previously stated, if you haven't already entered anything for FN01, you can do it in your payrun for tomorrow.  FN01 is the start flag for all eligible employees who were paid in FN01.  You do not need to enter another Start Flag unless it is for somebody who hasn't had a start flag entered yet and, if you have somebody like that, you would need to enter the fortnightly FNxx for whatever number that fortnight is.  If somebody is only starting in your payroll tomorrow for the first time, they would have a start date of FN03.  This exemption to only update in a pay prior to the end of 30/4/2020 is only applicable to the month of April.
    John L G
  • Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Bruce, but paying weekly won't it be the first 4 weeks? 

• Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    Thanks John and Bruce. Will that indicate it's from 30 March?

• John Graetz
    edited April 2020
    Yes, Monday 30/3/2020 is the first day of FN01.
    John L G
  • Carol Wooley
    edited April 2020
    @John...and any topup that may have related to previous weeks/fortnights
     can be paid tomorrow too, if applicable and can be reported in tomorrow's pay run as a "topup" payment?   We don't have to go back and amend previous weeks pay run right?
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2020
    Correct Carol, using the correct flag FNXX for whatever the start fortnight was. 
    John L G
  • Jen_8082210
    edited April 2020
    OK, thanks everyone ( John, Bruce, and Carol for asking).  I'll do my normal weekly pay tomorrow with FN01. Fingers crossed it's the right way to go.

• Carol Wooley
    edited April 2020
    Thanks very much John

• Bruce
    edited April 2020
    Make any top ups that are required for fortnights 1 & 2 in tomorrows pay run.   For future fortnights make the top up in the second week of the fortnight.
  • Carol Wooley
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Bruce, Jen, John for your help and taking part in my query/conversation, much appreciated