JOBKEEPER TOPUP -

Jo Arnold
Jo Arnold Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
JOBKEEPER TOPUP - I have an employee whom I have already paid for the first fortnight. We have since registered as an eligible employer and eligible employee. The employee qualifies for a top up amount. I assume I can adjust the payslip to add in the Jobkeeper start FN01 and also the top up amount and then pay the employee the difference from what has already been paid to the top up amount? Could someone please confirm this is correct - particularly if there is anything I need to be aware of when actually paying the employee the difference. Thanks.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Jo.  The simplest way to do this is to run a special pay for the employee, include the Start Flag FN01, pay the top up amount and adjust the amount of tax.  Or, if you are still to make the second normal fortnightly pay for this month, add everything to that.  You do not want to be going back and changing the value of a previous pay as this is likely to cause a range of complications.
    John L G
  • Jo Arnold
    edited July 2020
    Thanks John.  So I would then submit the 'special' pay run as a new pay not update?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2020
    It should be an Update event.... have you watched the webinar from yesterday?  https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/webinar-jobkeeper-payments-reckon-accounts?utm_source=not...

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2020
    Correct Jo.

Linda
  • Jo Arnold
    edited April 2020
    Hi Linda.  I attended yesterdays webinar.  I'm a little confused.  Surely if I create a new 'special' pay run as John has suggested, which would include only the Jobkeeper trigger and the top up amount, that should be lodged as a new pay event not an update?  I thought it would be an update event if I amended the original payslip to incorporate these items.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2020
    My apologies Jo!!! I didnt read John's reply properly!  yes, if its a new pay run and not amending a previously lodged one you are quite correct!  
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2020
    Linda Benfield.  When you state "Correct Jo" which one of her two points were you suggesting is correct?
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for clarifying that point, Linda Putland.  This also would then seems to tie in with what Linda Benfield has stated, hence the reason that I had asked her for clarification as to which point she was referring to as being correct!
    John L G
  • Jo Arnold
    edited April 2020
    Thank you everyone.  All sorted.