Jobkeeper - weekly and monthly payruns

Sue S
Sue S Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hoping someone can help me. We do not do fortnightly payruns. We do weekly for some employees and monthly for others. April pays are completed already. We use Reckon Hosted.

The weekly people all get over $750 per week so I don't have to worry about the top up but I understand I need to put in the Jobkeeper- Start- FN01 somewhere. Would this be for the first pay run for weekly even though it is not fortnightly? And that the amounts will be under $1500 but over $750. Will this be confusing for us getting the full amount back.
Do I need to change these to fortnightly going forward?

The monthly people are over $3000 monthly. Again I need to put the Jobkeeper- Start- FN01 somewhere. Would this just be in their April monthly pay? 
Do I need to change these to fortnightly going forward?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Comments

• Simon Hutchinson_7077598
    Simon Hutchinson_7077598 Alumni Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Hi Sue,

You can include FN01 in the first pay run for weekly as its just a item which triggers a enrolment of the employee into JobKeeper

In terms of the $1500 you just need to ensure at least $1500 is paid to employees fortnightly no matter the pay cycle. So for example if you pay someone $900 in the first week of a fortnight, the minimum payment next week is $600 etc to reach the $1500.

For monthlys yes just include it in the April monthly pay. You do not need to change these to fortnightly and can keep their regular pay cycle as long as they receive at least $3000 gross per month.
  • Sue S
    Sue S Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Perfect, thanks Simon.