Journal double entry

gr
gr Member Posts: 25
edited April 2018 in Reckon One
I've created a monthly journal for leave liabilities but somehow the system has managed to now give me 3 journals. One has no amounts in the actual journal but an amount shows in the P&L and account query report, and one is a dupe of the correct one. I've managed to delete the duplicate but couldn't delete or reverse the one with no amounts. So I've had to add the reverse entries in the remaining correct journal which now gives me the correct figure in the P&L.

This is not the first issue I've had with leave liabilities. Last financial year I had to prepare a manual spreadsheet to give to the accountant as the EOFY figures were wrong. This year I'll have to do the same. Not happy!!

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2018
    12/04/18 Hi gr, I've experience the blank journal in the past. To remove this journal with no amounts, update it and add a debit line and a credit line (with accounts and amounts) so that it can be saved. After saving it you can delete it. Cheers.
  • gr
    gr Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for that Qwerty. That worked. I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time fixing these issues. :(