Journal entries

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
how do I create a journal entry to reverse a small accounts receivable amount showing up in the balance sheet.  I cant trace the source because I have just taken over the books from a not-for-profit organisation and I cant find how this accounts receivable entry got there. Any help would be appreciated.


  • 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

  • 10,278 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pebby,

Run an aged receivables report first so see what customer this was allocated to, and then either create a customer adjustment note, invoice or journal to reverse. To clear the amount completely you'll need to go into CUSTOMER PAYMENTS (receive payments) and allocate the reversal to the original.