Journals posting

Kerry Calvert
Kerry Calvert Member Posts: 3
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When doing a mulitple line journal to all different accounts why does only the top line description show in any all the accounts that have been allocated to?

Comments

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hi Kerry,

Thank you for your query, but I am not sure  here what exactly you mean by top line description. Are we  in the General Journal? Could you provide us the image of your issue , may be that helps to understand? For now,I will be waiting for more clearer explanation or the screen shot of the issue you are talking about and we will move on from there.

Thank you.
  • Kerry Calvert
    edited April 2014
    Hi

I have attached a copy of the journal.  However when you click in the P & L under say subscriptions L & C the line appears with the description from the top line of the journal .

ie

Subscriptions - L&C

Type                        Date           Description                    Split       Debit

General Journal     31/3/2014   Reverse prepayment      ACS      1154.89

Thanks you for your time looking at this.

Kerry

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hello Kerry,

Thanks for the additional information Kerry.

The Description field on the P&L Report will show the Memo field of that line on the General Journal. If the memo field on a line is blank, then the P&L will use the memo field of the first line on the General Journal.

This does not seem to be correct behaviour so I have reported it to our Product Management for investigation. 

In the meantime the simplest workaround is to organise the General Journal so that the first entry has a blank memo field. 

Thank you for alerting us to this behaviour and I am sorry for any inconvenience it has caused you

Regards,

Babi

• Kerry Calvert
    edited April 2014
    THANK YOU !!!

Your work around solution works perfectly and has made for one very happy boss, which in turn makes my life oh the so much better.

Kind regards

Kerry
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited November 2015
    Hi Babi,

I have also notice this happening my all my files. I will also try the work around, but it would be nice to have this fixed.

cheers 

Angie
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for your feedback Angie, I'll ensure it is passed onto the Product Managers and Developers. - Mirko