JSON Error Message - some STP files fixed but one old file still comes up with this error

Natalie_10059754
Natalie_10059754 Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
A few weeks ago when trying to submit STP files, I was getting the error message to say "Your JSON object has some incorrect values".  I followed the posts on Reckon Community and waited until the fix was done by Reckon.  I was then able to lodge all but one file which still comes up with this message.  I have tried several times to re-lodge but with no luck.  How can I fix this?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    If the files that lodged successfully were for pays AFTER the one you had trouble with - then I would say that everything is now correct and no need to try and lodge the old one?  when you say you are trying to relodge, are you actually creating the .json file again?  or trying to use an old file which probably still has the incorrect values in it?
  • Natalie_10059754
    edited June 2020
    Oh, I thought I needed to lodge an STP for every pay run that was processed.  If I can't lodge the one with errors, that'll be the only pay run that I haven't lodged.  Also, won't not lodging be a problem because there are employees in that payment run that had a final pay (which would mean their YTD balances would not be updated in later STPs)?

Yes, the files lodged successfully were for pays AFTER the one with errors.

When re-lodging, yes, I am re-creating the .json file every time (I've tried 4 times).
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    When the update comes out today or in the next couple of days - there will be a year end process for you to pick up everyone's YTD for the year...  go here and check this out.. https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-do-i-finalise-my-end-of-year-reporting-with-single-to...
  • Natalie_10059754
    edited June 2019
    Excellent.  That explains it very clearly.  Thank you for your help.