Keyboard Recognition Issue - Use Google Chrome instead

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi All,

A simple solution to the keystrokes not being recognised in Reckon Accounts Hosted V2 is to switch browser - we had high success rate amongst most of our client base yesterday with Google Chrome.

Once you have downloaded and installed Google Chrome, Go to:

Settings - (Top Right Hand corner - image of 3 lines)
Scroll Down to Advanced Settings
Privacy
Content Settings
Scroll Down to Pop Ups
Do Not Allow Pop Ups
Manage Exceptions
Type in www.reckon.com
Type in www.hosted.reckon.com
Done
Done
Close the Settings Tab
Close Browser
Open Browser
www.reckon.com - now save to Favourites/Bookmarks/Default Home Page - whichever you prefer
In some cases, a computer reboot may also be required

As I said, most of my client base had high success rates with this yesterday and we were fully operational for the day as well

Regarding printing/exporting//downloading - READ - anything new requires some effort by those affected - change has occurred (granted, it hasn't been smooth sailing - I know "understatement" I hear you shouting at me!!), but from many of the posts here on this forum, it is obvious than many users have failed to read even the most basic of instructions, the system has changed, no-one can expect to know the changes if they have not done the reading or viewed the videos https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/categories/reckon_hosted_videos

Yes, I have been affected by this, so have my clients, I do not work for Reckon, I am an accredited partner and have been using the software for nigh on 18 years.  Yes, this has been a difficult week - but some of the issues that are continually repeated here could have been negated by reading and following some instructions

Don't shoot the messenger - I am trying to help 
Photo of Kelly Day, Accredited Partner

Kelly Day, Accredited Partner, Accredited Partner

• 2,064 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Further to this, whilst in settings:

Go to Downloads
Tick "As where to save each file before downloading"
This will help when downloading ABA files/Saving Excel Exports etc from "My Live Q" drive
Photo of Priscilla Ognenis

Priscilla Ognenis

• 1,890 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Re your comment above about google chrome, & showing instructions to save reckon, do you think that will work on other browsers?  I used chrome in the past & don't like it, I have been using firefox with more success & hope if I follow your instructions above that I might have similar success???

You can only try and see - my experience was that similar steps in other browsers did not have the same success rate - but that could change daily - post your findings though, so we can all benefit :)
Photo of Renee Scaddan-Nile

Renee Scaddan-Nile

• 1,926 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hi Renee,

No, the URL has changed, this was referenced in the support notes and this is maybe where a lot of users have fallen over, not realising that the au was no longer required.

Cheers,
Kelly
Photo of Renee Scaddan-Nile

Renee Scaddan-Nile

• 1,926 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Oh ok its just that https://hosted.reckon.com.au/webconnect/RA.2014.AU.R3.Production.02/accessnow/start.html is the link that I get when on reckon

I know, just to add to the confusion!!
Photo of Alison Burke

Alison Burke

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly

You seem really knowledgable on the little glitches. Do you have a tip on entering a customer address? After entering the customer name, I would normally click enter/return key to move to the next line, but this is not happening with then new upgrade. I would be grateful for any tips.

Kind regards
Alison Burke
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 24,798 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As others have suggested, try using Chrome.  When I did that on Tuesday night, the enter button and tab started to work correctly again.  Chrome is the go.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Alison, as per John's suggestion, have you tried Chrome? I've had our Tech Support Manager test this (successfully). There's also a Settings> My Preference >General 'Pressing Enter moves between fields' - Make sure this is unticked. Let me know how you go.
(Edited)
Photo of Alison Burke

Alison Burke

Hi Mirko - I have done all of this, and still have tabs working backwards, and the enter/return ken not working. I am using a new MacBook Air with all programmes up to date. I am using Chrome.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Alison, I'll test this from home tonight (I have a Macbook Pro Retina) and will try the TAB from Chrome and other browsers and see what I can find! ^Mirko
Photo of Glen Gray

Glen Gray

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Have tried using Chrome, Safari and two different machines (imac and macbook pro) - still unable to use the Enter key, and editing text is near impossible! So we've been unable to invoice for two days!!   
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,710 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
To "unstick" your tab or enter key ... hit your shift key once. I use Safari on a Mac - this is becoming second nature to me to have to hit the Shift key - annoying ... but at least I can get on with things :)
Photo of Rod Clark

Rod Clark

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
As far as I know you can't use chrome on ipad
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Rod, if Chrome on the iPad is HTML5 enabled it should show the keyboard. The keyboard populates as per the device/browser standards, thus some features/keys might not show all the keys i.e. CTRL & ATL.
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,

Thank's for that, it seems to have fixed my problem.
Photo of Fred

Fred

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Alt Keys in Windows IE.

The keyboard shortcuts in Reckon Accounts Hosted are now engaging the IE keyboard shortcuts and I need to use the mouse to process transactions in Reckon Accounts!  This is ridiculous!!!  This is going to slow down processing transaction enormously.  And there appears to be no way to disable the Alt key shortcuts in IE.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just tried to do our wages & found that we are unable to put in details as it isn't alowing us to muse keyboard. Any sugestions.

Just tried to do our wages & found that we are unable to put in details as it isn't alowing us to keyboard. Any sugestions
Photo of Werner

Werner

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Not accepting keyboard or mouse entries.

I cannot create new line in any fields , and the mouse select the whole line iso. placing the cursor where I clicked
I am sure you have heard the rest already
copy & paste ( 5 steps !!!) copared to 2
Print from ctrl P to click print , Print to pdf then print again , rather remove the print fuction and add a send to pdf button
Photo of Damian

Damian

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Keyboard Issues!!!!.

Having massive issues with the new version (using Mozilla) and it recognising keyboard strokes. It freezes, doesn't accept keystrokes, the TAB only works in reverse, extremely frustrating!!!!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Update for all: Kelly has kindly added a new Idea thread with some great tips!:
https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/logging-in-keyboard-issues-or-time-outs
Photo of Glen Gray

Glen Gray

We're using macs (Chrome, Safari - whatever - they're all broken for us), and the invoicing staff found a work-around for the issues with the keyboard.  
When you notice that you cannot create a new line, or clicking highlights everything - try tapping your Shift key - almost like a toggle On/Off.  We found that it seems to reset some of the issues, allowing us to make changes.  Makes life difficult with capital letters, but at least we're able to edit text now.   The staff are having to tap it a number of times while creating an invoice, but a lot better than not being able to invoice!  
Photo of Alison Burke

Alison Burke

Hi Glen Gray - You are my hero! Hooray! This works! Isn't it appalling that they overlooked being compatible with Mac!! I can at least put out a professional looking invoice & purchase order now.
a BIG thank you for sharing the tip.
Photo of Julie Feher

Julie Feher

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm going to give this a try, because Chrome is still having intermittent keyboard issues! 
Photo of amy

amy

• 456 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
HATE the quickbooks update, nothing that has changed benefits us AT ALL!!.

so many things wrong,

-tab doesn't go where I want it too,

-cant scroll

-cant use my arrow keys

-cant back space

-cant print landscape reports

-printing is a time waster

I don't understand why you do these updates without giving the option to stay the way it was because that worked perfectly fine for us.

It is such a hassle for us that I have to figure everything out and then teach everyone in our office in Melbourne AND Tasmania because not everyone is tech savvy.

such an inconvenience and really tempted to finally give up on quickbooks and go elsewhere.
Photo of Julie Feher

Julie Feher

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Glad I'm not alone!! It's been THE MOST unprofessional experience I've ever had.... converting from desk top to Hosted, given that I've had to pay for it through the nose, not just up front but then in WASTED HOURS!!! GRRRRRRR!!!! I'm giving it another quarter and we'll see what improves!!
Photo of AddItUp

AddItUp

• 596 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
How can I be a data entry operator when Reckon won't let me enter any data???.

I logged in to the new Reckon without an issue, thank you. However, I can't enter data in my daily timesheet. When I click in a box that already had data in it that I need to add to, it highlights the whole text and I can't move the cursor to the end.  When I take the cursor tot he beginning of the text and try to move through it to the end, it highlights as it goes. Also, I have never seen the TAB button go backwards but that is exactly what is happening now. Please help.
Photo of Vickie Meuret

Vickie Meuret

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can't use tab, backspace, spacebar in new version.... this is an improvement?!?!.

Can't use tab, backspace, spacebar, delete etc....
Photo of Sean

Sean

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
New Version of Hosted is now affecting my business.

This product is now effecting the functionality of my business.

Layout Designer: spent 2 hours trying to get a text box to move still no luck
Layout Designer: spent 2 hours trying to lengthen a text box still no luck
Pressing Tab: now goes backwards rather than forwards
Keyboard Delete: no longer works
Screen Lag: I have to click the screen now to push the software along and get the information I need.
At least Reckons invoicing system is working ok as i did receive your invoice on time.

do i have time to sort out these issues over the phone NO.

ARGHHHHHH
Photo of Stephen Jones

Stephen Jones

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What the hell have Reckon done....!.

What have Reckon done, since the update last week, i can no longer edit or create invoices without it taking for ever, Every time i click the mouse to make a change the whole line or paragraph highlights and if you typo anything it deletes everything.  can't save PDF files as can't even locate the folder where the files are stored, can't save them to my desktop.

Im using a Mac computer does anyone else have these issues? It worked way better under Citrix viewer, this browser hosted idea is a fail.....!
Photo of Glen Gray

Glen Gray

Hi Stephen, 
When the highlighting & backspace issue occurs, try tapping your Shift key.  See if that makes a difference.  I've had success with that - for some reason it breaks, and then tapping the Shift key seems to 'reawaken' it.  It's not a solid fix for us, but our staff are now invoicing again. 

Also, the saving of files is all different - you have to use the new icons in the top right of the screen - we learned that one the hard way too.  :-)
Photo of Priscilla Ognenis

Priscilla Ognenis

• 1,890 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Tab button problems.

Still having problems with tab button, are Reckon going to fix this?  It seems to happen after a copy/paste via the blue clipboard.  Every time I want to use the tab button after this, insteading of going backwards like others experience, it just escapes out of the invoice altogether, then when i go back into it, the details are still there.  Why does it escape out of the invoice each time.  I have to use the mouse to physically move the cursor between fields which is a pain.
Any help from Reckon?  Shouldn't have to press shift key, in fact that doesn't fix the problem here, only logging out of the accounts and back in seems to fix it, & when there's connection problems like today, that is not an option
Photo of Tonys Tyres

Tonys Tyres

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
enter or tab still runs backwards but not all the time.

enter  runs backwards

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.