Leave Accrual Changing on Payslip

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Am using Reckon Accounts Premier 2015.  Each time I click on Paycheque Detail for one particular employee I get an error message saying "Changing Accrued Rates" with a big spiel about having the system detecting a change in the employees record for the hours accrued for this period.  I have not changed anything in their record.  I can choose "Change" or "Cancel".  If I choose "Change" it changes the rate at which they are accruing leave to something different than what is set up in their file.  If I click "Cancel" it reverts to accruing as per my set up, but on 2 of the 5 paycheques it minuses 0.01 of an hour each time I click "Cancel" thus slowly reducing their overall accrual...  I am totally mystified by this as I have not touched the leave accrual set up for this employee since I first set them up 5 weeks ago....  Any ideas? 
Photo of Abbie Huxley

Abbie Huxley

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Alex Tan

Alex Tan, Alum

• 2,146 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Abbie,

This message typically occurs when you are attempting to modify pays that were done in another version of Reckon Accounts eg: Reckon Accounts 2013/2014

The Business Range software has an added feature on how it tracks leave and as a result when you modify pays that did not have the leave tracking feature available in the past, that message will appear warning you about it.

This can corrupt the leave accruals in your employee and as a result (if you go ahead by clicking Change) you may need to wait for the new financial year for the leave accruals to reset or start a new employee and process new pays in the newly created employee.

Just a warning if you click Change it may corrupt the leave accruals in that particular employees record and it is not advised to do it. If you can find any other workaround I would recommend not touching past pays.

If you have already modified some other past pays and gone ahead with the Change then the leave could already be corrupted so unfortunately the 2 workarounds available are to wait for the new financial year or start a new employee to process new pays.

Regards,
Alex