Leave used YTD not showing after update to Account 2014

Colin_6828991
Colin_6828991 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
After update to 2014 the leave used and other leave used entitlements YTD are not being displayed on payslips??

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Colin,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

So I can gather some more information to help diagnose the issue, I'd like confirm if you have made any changes to historic pays after upgrading?

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Denise Belcher
    Denise Belcher Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    I have had a similar issue but have not updated to 2014 yet. My system has lost all YTD salaries off payslips but the data is there on the employee summary reports. Anyone experienced this and know what to do to fix it? Tried a rebuild of data but system just keeps hanging and won't even let me do a verification backup (portable file only is working).
  • Denise Belcher
    Denise Belcher Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I should add that this has only been since April when the new system was introduced. Nothing changed at our end so can only assume is an issue with system updates.
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Colin and Denise,

Thank you for your query.

We are aware of this. This is due to the new Leave Accrual feature. This feature has required the addition of new tags to the payroll transaction. Everything is still correct in the data file but shows as 0 in payslip. From next financial year when everything resets, Payslip and Leave reports will then match up.

More info can be found in this KB article:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5092

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks.

Ifti
  • Colin_6828991
    Colin_6828991 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ifti If you guys were aware of this why did you release the 2014 update? are you now saying those of us who have upgraded to 2014 now have to manage this leave accrual effectively manually until the new year, if so I find that unacceptable. Can you also confirm that you are saying that as leave is taken post the upgrade that after the new financial year it will be recognised or not? What do you mean by "resets"it's an accrual it doesn't start from zero in the new year....... Colin
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Colin,

I just did extensive test on Leave and found below result:

When you upgrade a file from 2013 to 2014, "Available Leave" shows as 0. But as soon as you do a new payrun for each employee in 2014 R1, it activates the "Leave" again (for each employee that has a pay done in 2014) and will carry over all the previous available Leave info. But payslips will show 0 for the pays done in previous versions. You'll need to look through 2013 program to see those info as only payroll transactions done in 2014 will show leave in Reckon Accounts 2014 R1.

I think I gave a wrong KB as it's similar. Correct should be this (it talks about Report but it's similar to Payslips: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5093
    This KB talks in details about this problem.

I meant "reset" was the YTD iof pays going back to 0 in each financial year, not "Leave". Apologize for the confusion.

I hope this makes it clearer. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Ifti

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Colin,

It also maybe worthwhile to have a read through this page, which explains the YTD occurrence. https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/what_you_need_to_know_about_the_new_leave_accruals_rep...

We also have a support article which explains the Leave report issue Here: http://kb.reckon.com.au/admin/issue/issue_view.asp?ID=5080

Thanks,
    Mirko

• David Windlow
    David Windlow Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    When I run a payroll in 2014/2015 where an employee takes a full week of annual leave, the hours taken are ADDED onto the amount of leave hours accrued. I am constantly having to edit the employee files and explain that the pay slips I am issuing contain errors. Very very annoying and frustrating! David