Licenses

Daniel_8925032
Daniel_8925032 Member Posts: 32
I live in two different places which means it is necessary for me to transfer my data between the two. At present, I have purchased two versions of the 2016 program but because I have had trouble with the files not transferring properly (possibly Win 10 related) I was wondering where I go from here?
Will I need to purchase two later versions and does that mean I will be up for two annual fees of $170 or is there an alternative to this?

Comments

• Kel Luke
    Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2019
    Daniel
    You will not find it advertised on the Reckon web pages but if you search for Reckon re-sellers or Reckon professional advisors, you might be able to buy a so called full licence which does not involve  an annual licence fee. But, on the other hand there are no updates available either as with the annual licence.  If you are happy to buy.say a 2019 version and then keep it for a few years the annual renewal is nor required and you might be able to use that over your two locations.  The upfront cost is a bit more than a licence renewal but, as I have mentioned, you can keep the version you buy for as long as you like.  

Also in my view, the annual updates do not seem to fix any know issues so nothing much to lose.

Good luck

Kel

• David_7594132
    David_7594132 Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2019
    I have a single licence which I have installed on two computers because I only use one computer at any one time. One is my main home computer the other one is a laptop that I use whenever I travel. I've never had a problem with data on both of them as I keep all my files on a USB stick.
  • Daniel_8925032
    Daniel_8925032 Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2019
    Thank you David & Kel. I wasn’t aware it was possible to install one copy of Reckon Personal Plus on two computers. Will the same key work on both computers?
  • David_7594132
    David_7594132 Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2019
    Yes. As for buying a full licence, it is valid for 10 years. If you become a registered user you can buy an upgrade online. You'll need to login before this is shown to you. As the share price update is only valid for two years it means you'll need to upgrade to keep using that function. You can find full licences for sale on eBay and Gumtree, usually 2016 version. Not much difference in functionality, if at all.