Photo of Jacqui

Jacqui

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jacqui

Jacqui

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I was wondering if you can link more than one bill to a purchase order
Example, you create a purchase order and receive goods in 2 or 3 batches, how do you link the tax invoices to one purchase order?
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the Reckon Community!

You don't have to do anything special to accept a purchase order in more than one batch.

When you receive the first delivery, convert the Purchase Order to a Bill (inward tax invoice) and on the Bill adjust the quantity for the amount you received.  Accounts Business will reduce the quantity on the Purchase Order.  Only when the order is fully received will Accounts Business close the Purchase Order. 

I trust this meets your needs.

regards,
John

Photo of SusanR

SusanR, Accredited Partner

• 1,938 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jacqui,

Adding to John's reply, if you are already creating the bill and you want to revisit and add other items from this Purchase Order, or multiple Purchase Orders, to the bill - then all you need to do is navigate to the 'Items' tab on the Enter Bill Screen and click Select PO.  As John mentioned, you can partially receive items from a Purchase Order by overwriting the Qty amount, and the remaining quantities will be updated on the Purchase Order.  This goes for multiple Purchase Orders as well.

I hope this also helps.

Sue

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.