link more than one bill to a purchase order

Options
Jacqui_6487331
Jacqui_6487331 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Jacqui_6487331
    Jacqui_6487331 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if you can link more than one bill to a purchase order Example, you create a purchase order and receive goods in 2 or 3 batches, how do you link the tax invoices to one purchase order?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the Reckon Community!

You don't have to do anything special to accept a purchase order in more than one batch.

When you receive the first delivery, convert the Purchase Order to a Bill (inward tax invoice) and on the Bill adjust the quantity for the amount you received.  Accounts Business will reduce the quantity on the Purchase Order.  Only when the order is fully received will Accounts Business close the Purchase Order. 

I trust this meets your needs.

regards,
    John

• SusanR
    SusanR Accredited Partner Posts: 30 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Jacqui,

Adding to John's reply, if you are already creating the bill and you want to revisit and add other items from this Purchase Order, or multiple Purchase Orders, to the bill - then all you need to do is navigate to the 'Items' tab on the Enter Bill Screen and click Select PO.  As John mentioned, you can partially receive items from a Purchase Order by overwriting the Qty amount, and the remaining quantities will be updated on the Purchase Order.  This goes for multiple Purchase Orders as well.

I hope this also helps.

Sue