Loading into Reckon Accounts 2018 a US stock traded in $US.

Options
Ross_10098960
Ross_10098960 Member Posts: 2
I have Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018. I want to load a US stock whose price updates automatically in the Update function, yet whose price is shown in **** in the list of stocks on the home page. The Reckon Accounts online manual is silent on setting up a stock traded on a foreign exchange in foreign currency; and I can't find an answer on the Reckon Community site. Thank you.

Comments

• Ross_10098960
    Ross_10098960 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your fast and helpful response, Diver Dave. Please explain what you mean by a US$ Portfolio account. Would that account be in a separate Reckon file? The price total (i.e. price times number of shares) does update, but it stays in US$. As the exchange rates also update, it would seem simple for the US$ total to be converted by RPP to the **** equivalent. But I guess Reckon has never bothered to make this happen. Is there a way I could ask Reckon to consider doing this, please? In the meantime I’ll do it manually, as you suggest. Thanks again. With good wishes Ross.
  • David_7594132
    David_7594132 Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2019
    Options
    US shares in Reckon are denominated in USD. The holding detail will be in USD but your daily totals in Portfolio view will include the value of this holding in AUD. The exchange rate is the rate downloaded in the update process. You can explicitly see the value in AUD of that US shareholding in the relevant account in the net worth report.