Local Backup [Browse...] only shows B:\ and Q:\ - how can I see drives on my local machine?

Simon Mallender
Simon Mallender Member Posts: 11
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Clearly I have not set something up outside of where I am, as when I go through the Local Backup Wizard, and use the [Options] button, when I try to select a Folder on my local machine [Browse...] only shows B:\ and Q:\. How do I see drives on my local machine?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Simon.  This is the process you need to follow:
    1.  Backup your file to the B drive
    2.  Use the floating toolbar to upload the file saved in the B drive to your local drive - it will usually be directed to your downloads folder and you can then do with it what you like. 
    3.  You should regularly delete all but about the last three or so of the backup ups in your B drive. 
    John L G
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Great answer John, but I think you mean for Simon to choose the Download button of the floating toolbox to download his backed up file from the Hosted B drive to his own local drive?  :)
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    That sure would help Simon to use the download and not the upload, Linda.  Thanks for picking up that bad slip.
    John L G