Lodging BAS - opens Internet Explorer - not Chrome

Julie_10033754
Julie_10033754 Member Posts: 9
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Hosted - when lodging BAS it opens Internet Explorer which can't find my Auskey.   Chrome finds Auskey - is there a way of having Reckon open Chrome by default instead of Internet Explorer - Chrome is the default browser on my computer.      Tried contacting support but they couldn't solve and then send I would have to pay $200 to have it investigated.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi Julie,
    The in-application browser for Reckon Accounts & Hosted is Internet Explorer only and cannot be changed unfortunately. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited May 2019
    Can You add the Auskey addon to Explorer, ring the Auskey help line for assistance.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Julie_10033754
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your prompt reply  - please see link from ATO website
    https://abr.gov.au/AUSkey/Help-and-support/Setting-up-AUSkey-troubleshooting/AUSkey-compatibility/

Not sure how we can lodge BAS with Reckon?    I have just paid for Accounts Hosted to do this and now don't appear to be able to?
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2019
    I do my BAS in Reckon Hosted and then it takes me to Internet Explorer and then asks me to complete it in my ATO Portal.

call me if you wish

Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi Julie,
    The ability to lodge BAS directly from Reckon Accounts Hosted using the GovConnect functionality has been decommissioned in September last year. More info on this HERE.
    BAS lodgements will need to be completed via the ATO Business Portal.

For more info on this, please visit this page on the ATO website - 
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Business-Portal/Using-the-Business-Portal/Lodge-an-activity-statement/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie_10033754
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Rav - I am presuming this will not be an issue with STP?   Does STP need internet explorer as well?
  • Julie_10033754
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Gerry - I will try the Add on and call you if needed
    Thanks again

• Rav
    edited May 2019
    Correct, STP is wholly and completely separate.
    There's more info and a step by step guide on getting set up and how to use Single Touch Payroll here - https://help.reckon.com/single-touch-payroll