Lodging STP payruns multiple events

Jodie Jackson
Jodie Jackson Member Posts: 6
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi I have just started a new client of mine on STP with Reckon Hosted. I have gone back to last July and submitted each pay run in order. Do I need to lodge all payruns separately to catch up or will the latest payrun be sufficient. I am concerned that employees no longer employed will not get updated if I only use the most recent payrun. Can anyone advise please.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    You are right that just the latest payrun will catch up the YTD for the ATO and be sufficient for all current employees... however, yes, if there are employees who have left they wont be picked up... But... there is an end of year process for STP that will ensure all employees for the year are picked up when the final STP lodgement is done at end of June.  If you wanted to be really pedantic and if the numbers are small - you could find the last payrun for each employee who has left, make sure they have a release date recorded - and then lodge an STP for for that employee for that last payrun.