Log on issues to new Reckon hosted accounts

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

AAAAAGH!!!!! on hold now for 30 minutes as I can't log in even though I followed the instructions explicitly!!!! So much for Reckon putting on extra IT support!!! I have urgent invoices to raise to get goods delivered but can't access the system. I'm so frustrated with Reckon. Not good enough Reckon!!!!
Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Priscilla Toth

Priscilla Toth

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
ok i seem to be logged in now....after i waited for 10mintues...however it took a very long time
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yep!  Finally managed to get in using Firefox on the 4th attempt.  Not sure if I will log off for a while...just in case....Why such low resolution?
Photo of Priscilla Toth

Priscilla Toth

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok Andrew, we have ANOTHER PROBLEM, we now can only save our ABA files on the Q drive, however when we try and find the Q drive to import the ABA filed saved (e.g. Commbiz) Q drive is no where to be found!!!! please help as we have to process payroll asap!
Photo of Alice

Alice

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

We have the same problem and it is pay day

Photo of Cathy O'Harding

Cathy O'Harding

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I read in another question that you have to download the file not save but as I haven't been in the system for any length of time I don't know how true this is ...
Photo of Cathy O'Harding

Cathy O'Harding

Priscilla & Alice I found this advice from a partner in another thread ... https://community.reckon.com.au/recko... it will show you how to download the ABA files it seems far more cumbersome!
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
FWIW: , my experiences so far:  First up tried IE but no success, after about 6 attempts tried Firefox and that did work after about 4 attempts, but the interface was clunky.  Then tried Chrome.  Managed to connect and far all is good. So Chrome it is for me!
Photo of Alice

Alice

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

We have three staff here all doing nothing as they have the black screen - we cant even get the help line to ring let alone be put on hold - it must have melted down

Photo of treaders

treaders

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am seeing a similar error message when I try to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted for the first time since the upgrade.

Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

Me too!!  I ended up being on hold for 1 hr 45 minutes and finally got through.  My problem still hasn't been resolved!  I was promised a call back in an hour as they had to escalate this problem to IT , but I still waiting for a call back.  Isn't it interesting that Reckon have not even apologised for this chaos and clearly didn't do enough testing of this new system to ensure a smooth transition?
Photo of treaders

treaders

I am seeing this screen a lot before the "Gateway: Unable to connect to host" message.

Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
yep same problem i am getting , but hey just close your browser john says ? 
Photo of treaders

treaders

I just tried the Google Chrome browser and successfully logged into Reckon Accounts Hosted 2014 R3.

I used to use Mozilla Firefox to login to Accounts before this upgrade. I have been unable to login using Firefox. 
Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

• 3,836 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thank you all for your patience and feedback.Our internal IT team is working on a permanent solution to address these log in issues.
We will keep you updated here
https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/black_screen_when_launching_accounts_2014_in_the_new_a...
Cheers,
Andrew
Photo of Cathy O'Harding

Cathy O'Harding

Andrew frankly it isn't good enough! There needs to be updates on the login screens and emails too ... I have someone coming to work tomorrow specifically to work on the system but given I haven't been able to do my work for a day I'm not sure what I am going to do with her!
Photo of Cathy O'Harding

Cathy O'Harding

Or if it is even going to be fixed by tomorrow for her to come in!
Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

Is Reckon going to compensate us for all the time we have lost today and my 2.5 hours spent on the phone trying to reach Reckon?
Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT MORE CHANCE WINNING LOTTO ON  A SUNDAY 
Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

Andrew, an apology for wasting our time today would be a good start.  Is Reckon going to compensate my business for the downtime today and not being able to run our business?  I was on hold to IT for 1.5 hours, and finally when I got to speak to someone they could not help me.  I was promised an email with a case no. and a call back within an hour as it had to be escalated, but I am still waiting for the email and call back. This is really unacceptable. I think Reckon should look to be offering a discount off the licence fees for this muck up of a migration and under-staffing.
Photo of Karen Nelson

Karen Nelson

I've lost our company file - has anyone else struck this problem?
Photo of Belinda Parker

Belinda Parker

• 536 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Karen, my file was "lost" but after being on hold with tech support for 1.5 hours, they "found it" and all data recovered.  now I can move to another product.
Photo of royce deere

royce deere

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Sue Suttie, they offered to escalate my issue yesterday as well.  At normal times an escalation can take 1 - 3 days, at present I would expect a call in 3 weeks I reckon. 
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karen,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.  

Some users are finding that the new version of Reckon Accounts Hosted is opening an old file.  This may happen under some circumstances and is not affecting everyone.

Reckon apologises for the inconvenience this is causing.  

You should now do the following:

Examine all Folders and Shared Shortcuts in your Q-drive for files.  When you find your company file, take note of the date alongside - the date last saved.  If it is not the latest date of access, keep looking until you find the company file with the correct latest date accessed.  

If you cannot find your latest accessed company file then you will need to contact Technical Support .

Our IT department is still working to restore normal access and functionality, and our phones are busy as well.  

We thank you for your patience.

regards, 

John.

Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

Aaaah, what is going on now Reckon?????? I was finally able to log on last night, but now I cannot access the hosted addition at all.  I can't even get to the log on screen??????  Also, I am still waiting on a call back from Reckon IT - Case no. 4348431 - from yesterday midday??????
Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

Now I can at least log in, however, "Please wait a moment" is the re-curring message on the screen and I don't get any further!!!!!  PLEASE SORT THIS OUT OR I AM GOING TO HAVE TO FIND ALTERNATIVES.
Photo of Sue Suttie

Sue Suttie

I reckon RECKON should change this notice on their log in page to read, A new BAD experience is here!  We have been listening and based on your feedback the Reckon Accounts Hosted service IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET!!!!!!
Photo of Clinton Hayes

Clinton Hayes

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Spent 1hr 15 mins on the phone this morning to report that I can't connect to the GovConnect site for BAS. There was no solution.
Then, I was able to get on yesterday but absolutely no luck today.  I have access to and have tried Safari and Chrome on Mac, IE, Chrome and Firefox on Windows and nothing. CANNOT log on today.
What is going on?? How on earth can you run a business using this software?
I think it's time to get off the cloud and use something that's on my desktop. At least then it will open when I want it to.
Clearly, this latest version is very much in Beta phase and should not have been released.
Isn't there something in Consumer Laws about goods of merchantably quality? Why should I be expected to pay for this?
Not happy.
Photo of Rebs

Rebs

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
contact tech support for  what to sit on the phone for hours. I'm on a mobile because no phone line and you expect me to sit on hold for that long!!!!!
Photo of Clinton Hayes

Clinton Hayes

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I don't freakin' believe it - I'm in! First time all day.  Hope it stays that way.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.