Login issues on the new Reckon Accounts Hosted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello Everyone,

If you are getting any of these log-in errors;

1. Cannot\unable connect to host
2. Connection closed\lost
3. Black screen

Please try the following:
1. Close the current tab
2. Log off Hosted Dashboard
3. Completely close down your browser (not just the current tab)
4. Wait 10 minutes
5. Re launch your browser
6. Internet Explorer uses must turn off Compatibility View Settings for reckononline.com.au
7. Login

Trust these steps get you in.

regards,
John
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
John , You keep giving this useless  advise , You Must realise that this in not fixing the problem ,with all us unhappy customers telling you that it does  not works ?
have tried this many times  , even rebooted the pc for goo measure ! 

come on stop stalling and tell you customers the truth , !!!!!
Photo of colin huddy

colin huddy

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This comment is so true.  Why cannot they be honest and give us an estimate of time to repair???
Photo of john

john

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well said. Seriously considering Xero, evebn though more expensive, surely Xero wont be this unreliable.
Photo of Trevor Evans

Trevor Evans

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I managed to log-on to Reckon early this morning, but after a drop-out have been unsuccessful logging on all day. We run Apple i-Macs and have used safari & firefox to no avail.
Trevor Evans
Photo of Mike O'Keeffe

Mike O'Keeffe

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It concerns me that other users are finding other company's files when they finally get on. Reckon, someone will be held accountable for this horrendous incompetence!
Photo of Tina

Tina

John,

I have been using reckon for at least 12 years and continually get frustrated with the down time due to problems!!  Find it very expensive having staff sit round or go home because of reckon crashing in one way or another.  When this problem is solved I am living in hope that it will be a fresh start.

Tina

Photo of CASFHJH .

CASFHJH .

• 60 Points
Some good news among these other complaints! I have just logged in successfully using internet explorer 11 with no problem. There was a funny black screen but it had the fields to login so I entered old user and password. That worked. I usually use Firefox v31 currently and so does my client. It also logged in successfully -
Photo of Wenona Pledge

Wenona Pledge

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
John, I have tried your solution MULTIPLE times now and it has not worked.  I am with Jason, this feels like a stalling tactic until Reckon works out what the hell has gone wrong.  Rather than waste my time doing this over and over again, please advise when this will be fixed.  If this is going to take hours please let us all know.  No one is going to like the answer but all that is happening now is users are getting more and more frustrated.
Photo of Anita Ivancic

Anita Ivancic

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have tried this too...still not working...getting frustrated
Photo of PenVetCare

PenVetCare

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been trying to get into this program since I got in this morning & had no success can someone work out what the hell is going on & fix it??? too frustrating for words!!!
Photo of Schubert Boers

Schubert Boers

• 60 Points
yep me too...in the same boat
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,710 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
How about considering bringing the "less than perfect Citrix Receiver" back until Reckon can resolve the issues with their upgrade. This is day 2. I'm in the office early to try to catch up on what wasn't done yesterday ... guess what - no connection!  Clearly they don't have an ETA on repairs because they don't know what is wrong. Bring back something that will get us moving again !!
Photo of Adriana Hewett

Adriana Hewett

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Don't be silly, that sounds tooo easy for them.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,710 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Have had success logging in today by logging out of my remote sessions via the control panel before restarting Reckon again ! Just another step to try....
(Edited)
Photo of Alice

Alice

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

day two and still cant get in its a joke

Photo of Kaare Ziirsen

Kaare Ziirsen

• 438 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I rebooted again and not works on IE11.
Photo of Piers Dance

Piers Dance

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, me too, I have followed all these steps and SAME THING happens!!!!!!!!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan

• 60 Points
Is everyone having trouble logging in or just me? No-one is answering the phone either.  Please help..... we are trying to run a buisiness.
Photo of Susan Soulsby

Susan Soulsby, Accredited Partner

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

RE the Black screen

My client also had issues Multi user, we had the black screen. Go to Control Panel and use the log off remote session. I had to log off the client a few times (use the refresh button). The Black screen is showing because the client is in but its not loading properly. I also removed the compatibility patch per another person's recommendation. Client happy and cons

Worked and stayed logged on all day -

Photo of Margaret Manchee

Margaret Manchee

• 2,222 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Tried it. Even worse - logged in and then "Connection Lost". 
Photo of SR

SR

• 1,200 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This is INSANE!!!

Spoke to a lovely Indian woman who had NO IDEA what was happening, put me back on hold to go through to technical support, I am still here 1 hr later.

I have lost FOUR company files I have nothing, where have they gone???? 

I see a class action here! John at Reckon HQ can we please have something useful!
Photo of Anne

Anne

• 60 Points
After attempting to log in all morning I have made it past the "black screen." Now I am being asked to wait for the Local Session Manager - how long is a piece of string? 
Photo of Piers Dance

Piers Dance

Dear John.
I've closed all dashboards, tabs, logged out totally and shut down Safari on my Apple Mac.
Then waited 10 minutes or so.
Got back in.
Logged on to Reckon Accounts Hosted.
Clicked on the GREEN launch button.
Waited for the next screen to open. 
It was black for a while.
Then it said "Establishing Connection with account hosted Australia".
Then it said "Gateway: Unable to establish connection"
Photo of Anita Ivancic

Anita Ivancic

I have the exact same thing....please help
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
John I'm with Wenona, work out what you think it will takle to solve the problem, then send an email to inform all users there are currently following problems..... and please tell us when you think it will be fixed, or even communicate with us when it is fixed, no bla bla dear valued customer bullshit, just down to the core of what we need to know so we can all get on with our work and day. If it means you need 6 hours tio resolve the issues on hand, just tell us, at least it will stop us trying and trying and trying and getting more frustrated. Thank you (PS: I was pretty happy with how Hosted was working before the weekend ;-) )
Photo of Kris Morrison

Kris Morrison

• 60 Points
Same thing here have tried many different computers and browsers and still no luck. It is very slow too
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Has anyone actually had success with above procedure?

Because I sure havn't followed it step by step.
(Edited)
Photo of jamie fawcett

jamie fawcett

John, have tried numerous times but still the black screen or says Gateway: Connection lost. Losing a whole day of bookwork at this stage!!
Photo of Jean Donaldson

Jean Donaldson

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've tried everything as well and my message is:  Gateway: Unable to connect to host.  For heavens sake please fix this.  I'm with Krischan.. I was happy before the upgrade.  I hope its gets a lot better than this.
Photo of Mike King

Mike King

I have three users and am able to get in on one of them. It works perfect.

One of the others give a black screen.

The other one does not recognise the user/pass.

Lucky as I am doing payroll. At least we have one.

Would like the other two users up ASAP.
Photo of Mike King

Mike King

Now I am logged in under my third user. But:Unable to see my file to open. 

BUT: I can see all of the other Reckon Customer Files.

This seems like a security issue.
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

pssst Mike, pssst, what do you reckon access to every ones data is worth???.....
Thats disgraceful, shocking, and embarrassing !!  Lucky  I cant see what my competitors are doing ... some people get all the luck hahaha.
Photo of royce deere

royce deere

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike, I had the same problem this morning, went into the admin log in screen and shared the file with all users now all are in, frustrating though and no help from Reckon as usuall
Photo of paul tovey

paul tovey

• 88 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes thanks for the useless info.
On a positive note I have finally been able to log in by using Google Chrome after many unsuccessful attempts. The interesting thing is that I did not change any settings when it finally worked. I did not have any company data in Reckon and I had to restore my last backup which I found in the new B-drive. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing as this step was not explained in any documentation issued. Anyway, all my data is now restored and it seems to work.
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

Ok so how i see it:
You try to log in... change username - fine-
but password has symbols in it so it needs to be reset...OK.
but then nothing happens at all!!
If you are lucky enough to get through this you get a black screen.....
then a blue screen...
then all your data is lost
and finally the connection drops out!!

Good stuff reckon!! Thats the funniest joke yet.... to bad its NOT april fools day.

My subscription is due for renewal tomorrow........ hahahahhahahahahahaha
Photo of lee

lee

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Have been on hold for nearly 20 minutes.  This is pathetic.  Where are the messages saying there is a problem?   I am getting the same as everyone else, either a black screen or gateway unable to connect. Can I send my overtime pay request through to quickbooks because the paperwork pile is getting bigger and it needs to be done today!!  Come on you guys, get your act together with letting us all know what is happening.  Xero is looking better and better according to my boss.
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

all this and its been 85 mins on hold 
Photo of Kerry

Kerry

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The annual fee is going to be $450. Much more than the $340 for standard. No notification of this anywhere that I have seen.

Margaret Manchee

At least you got put on hold. I can't even get through. It's constantly engaged. Wonder how many Tech Support they have? 5 for 5000 customers?
Photo of Mike O'Keeffe

Mike O'Keeffe

Took me over 2 hours to get through. They couldn't log me on so referred it up the chain somewhere. Need to try in 30 mins & then who knows. They have a shit-fight on their hands i reckon
Photo of lance arthy

lance arthy

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ditto to all your comments. It worked so well yesterday yet today is a disaster. So much for a you-beaut user experience with the new improved Hosted.
Photo of Shane Belford

Shane Belford

• 60 Points
Same problems. gateway: unable to connect to host or just a black screen. The odd time I could log on yesterday would then be very slow or lose connection. A blanket email would be very much appreciated to at least acknowledge you are trying to fix the problems. Can't get through to technical help so very obviously not alone in our problems.

Have tried various browsers nothing works!
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

Hey Anja, Perhaps you could teach Reckon how to fix it... too bad Im on a mac and using Safari...:(
I can only recommend to keep trying to use different browsers, delete all your browsing history and restart your PC. I did this many times this morning and all of a sudden it simply started working in Google Chrome. Now I am too scared to log out  just in case I can't log in again.
Photo of Piers Dance

Piers Dance

Wow, something is working!
Finally we are past the BLACK screen.
Now we are on a Welcome screen with some dots going round and round, and it's been like that for ages!
DARN, DARN and DOUBLE DARN, after all that it just said CONNECTION LOST :(
Pitty you can't just go to Dick Smith and pick up a disk off the shelf and load up some accounts and away you go!
Photo of Anita Ivancic

Anita Ivancic

Woohoo....I am in & it is working...FINALLY !!
Photo of lori

lori

• 478 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I still can't get in, tried all the different browsers and two different computers with no luck, I've lost half a days work and so frustrated
I am also not able to login. message is Gateway unable to connect to host.
Getting very concerned about my company files.
What is happening??unable to get through to technical support.
I am unable to work. very unhappy customer.
Photo of lori

lori

• 478 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm finally logged in on one computer, after 4 hours!  one down one to go!
seems to be luck!
Hi wanda,
do you know that the system will be up by 11pm or are you just crossing your fingers?? starting to go into panic mode.
thanks
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

Just crossing my fingers!!  

but hey look at this Mike King
  • 2 Posts
  •  
  •  0 Likes

Now I am logged in under my third user. But:Unable to see my file to open. 

BUT: I can see all of the other Reckon Customer Files.

This seems like a security issue.post

Yes Mike... that is a HUGE security issue..... but while youre in there, can you pull up my file and would you do a few invoices for me , please ...lol
Photo of Tamara White

Tamara White

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I can see them all too!!

While you are at it can you do my payroll?  The fellas are going to take us out the back if they don't get their pay today!

4 hours and still 3 people doing no work at all because of this stupid "upgrade"!

Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

yep well still not working here - useless.

Photo of Samantha Keating

Samantha Keating

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just got a post from Philip Littlejohn who advises to go to the control panel on the login page and log out the remote sessions as administrator.  i had 4 running and once i logged out it logged straight back in without any lag time :)
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

Well, bugger, Im actually on and cant see any one else's stuff,... too bad I cant find all of my data but hey something is better than nothing isnt it??

looks like I have to do some work now and I am never logging out!!  but am seriously considering the old accounting hard copy book style accounting systems... Or at least excel where only i have access. Too much of our lives are in the cloud now and we are way too reliant on it all... Sure we paid for this service....be careful what you wish for 

Good luck to those who cant yet get on, I hope your wait is not too much longer x
Photo of Julie Crosland

Julie Crosland

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was able to login in this morning after several attempts.  I eventually was able to login after installing Internet Explorer version 10, then enabled compatibility mode and added to reckon.com.au.  I got in the then straight away and have been logged in now for about 4 1/2 hours.  But nothing is working as it should.  The tab button on the keyboard which should take you to the next cell goes backwards not forwards.  Every column for entry has to be manually selected.  Printing is extremely slow.  Really considering moving on and I really feel Reckon should be given us free access for a period until they have everything sorted out.  Paying staff just to sit around is very costly for businesses that rely on the software. 
Photo of gramps376

gramps376

• 918 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
John,

At best this is a bandaid solution, Reckon needs to fix the root cause of the problem which is probably lack of server capacity?
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

Dont say that John, ... that would mean a server "upgrade" and ive had enough upgrades for now!!

I am now in again after disconnecting from the remote server 300 times and then just doing a click around in the admin screen, reboot, chat to my daughter , coffee, I think its just luck of the draw if you get in or not at the moment.

Margaret Manchee

Wanda, I think their server get let limited numbers of users in? I have been in since 9.30am but my colleague still can't get in. I am definitely not logging out just in case I can't get back in again.:(
Photo of Wanda

Wanda

oh no!! Been working away (again) and checked my banking for ten mins and was logged out due to inactivity :( black screen sickness setting in....
Margaret I think your right but why do they keep kicking me out.... I didnt get to back up so hoping its still there ...somewhere.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.