Login successful for no data files??????????

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Login is finally successful but now the data files I have are all old ones. The back up I did last Wednesday is not there either. Please I need this rectified as soon as possible. I have been on the phone the last two days for a minimum of 2 hours trying to locate my files. Please tell me you have it somewhere and when you will be getting it back up for me
Photo of Joanne Sedgman

Joanne Sedgman

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michelle Tyquin

Michelle Tyquin

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are in the same boat, have spent a total of 5 hours on phone and still missing three months worth of entries. Mad - hell yeah
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 694 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Same here. Finally got in but the files are missing months worth of stuff. All my online backups have disappeared from q drive

keep looking in all your files I found mine

Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

• 1,032 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone,

Some users are finding that the new version of Reckon Accounts Hosted is opening an old file.  This may happen under some circumstances and is not affecting everyone.

Reckon apologises for the inconvenience this is causing.  

You should do the following:

Examine all Folders and Shared Shortcuts in your Q-drive for files.  When you find your company file, take note of the date alongside - the date last saved.  If it is not the latest date of access, keep looking until you find the company file with the correct latest date accessed.  

If you cannot find your latest accessed company file then you will need to contact Technical Support .

regards, 

John.

Photo of Michelle Tyquin

Michelle Tyquin

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have done that and still cannot find the current files. I have also logged this problem with Tech Support and have received a Case ID number, this was on Monday, rang again yesterday and was told that the problem had been escalated to 2nd level, still have not had any reply or email with any help. Still angry. 
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
In the same boat Michelle :(
Photo of Annette Scott

Annette Scott

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
have tried to upload my last back up prior to logging into new process - it took a while to upload but reported it uploaded - now I can't find it to open it! Have looked in all the B & Q files accessible and can't find the uploaded back up file ,,,, am on hold now to Tech Support .........
Photo of Annette Scott

Annette Scott

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have had access with my latest back up once I spoke with Michael on the Tech Support desk - he had to 'find' my file - couldn't so he used a free upload program - WeTransfer - sent him the latest back up that thank heavens I'd saved to my C drive prior to this all going pear-shaped - he then saved it to my Q drive after changing the file name to "companyname"test - took him a bit to find it - needed assistance from one of his colleagues but they got it sorted quite quickly from that - was working along well and then the Hosted program lost connection due to maintenance being done - still waiting for it to come up again to see if it's easier to log in - took ages (just more than 5 mins) to start up!
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

How can you do this if your q files are no longer there??????
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

Stop cutting and pasting the same stuff. It doesn't help. Infact its condescending, we do have brains and have already read your response at least 100 times............
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

Sorry if coming across rude but we are sick of this. Stop spinning rubbish and be honest with us. This is an absolute mess. 
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry that I've replied to another thread of yours, but the solution to this issue no different:
  • look in other folders of Q drive.
  • If not found, call Technical Support.
Your files are there but in your case not immediately accessible to you.

The other option is that you restore a backup from your off-Hosted storage and continue from there.  

I know this is not much comfort to you but these are the only steps available.

regards,
John
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

We have rang technical support, three days ago now......... I pay for the premium hosted package. You do most of my back ups cos that the service you provide......
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

Data stored in multiple secure Australian locations is what your website says........
(Edited)
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Michelle, are you using Accounts on Windows, Mac or Android?
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

Im using Hosted on a Mac
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

@Michelle, @Allen - I was curious as to why you would pay the extra money for Hosted Premium when you will still be using the same accounting software as Hosted Standard. There is no indication that you are paying for more robust backups with the 'Premium' service interface.

http://online.reckon.com.au/Portals/0...
http://www.reckonhelp.com.au/ROnline_...

The ONLY difference is that 'Premium' is run on Citrix and 'Standard' is run on Remote Desktop...

... strange, because a Microsoft published a Remote Desktop client is available for free to all Mac users (http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downlo...). Even Android users have access to Remote Desktop clients!
(Edited)
Photo of Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant

Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 2,052 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Both standard and Premium are now running on the one platform.
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

Im just an employee, I don't make the decisions......
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

@Kay - My question still stands ... Why would Reckon take advantage of their Mac users and charge them extra subscription, over many years, for a Citrix client interface when Mac users could have used the 'Standard' Remote Desktop client?

It seems like money grabbing, particularly because the Citrix server licensing is simpler and cheaper than Remote Desktop's.

#wtf
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

@Michelle - Just let your boss know that there could have been more money for the staff Christmas party if they went 'Standard' ... :D
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

@Allen - That's (kinda) a given (based on subscription rates). I'm commenting on why Reckon would lull Mac users into an unnecessary 'Premium' subscription...

In this case, @Michelle believes she has paid for a 'Premium' service and therefore expects a 'Premium' service experience ... The reality of it is that she could have paid for 'Standard' and had the same (questionable) experience.
Yes I agree, cut and paste obviously works here but not in system ha ha. I have same issue, great that we can log in but no data is up to date and have a case number and have it being looked into, but alas no answer as yet????
Also why is it supposedly in some cases opening old files. It either opens in the same place for everyone or it doesn't. Great answers, but typical from a rep!!!
Photo of Michelle Wells

Michelle Wells

I GOT MY DATA!!! Persist people. They restored me back to friday!!!!!
Photo of Green Square

Green Square

WOO HOO! :D
Photo of Joanne Sedgman

Joanne Sedgman

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Me toooooooo. Whoooo Hoooooo. Restored back to last Friday and I haven't been so excited. Lesson learnt from all this. I will now back up onto my computer too. Thank you to all the Reckon Consultants who I have chatted to as I am sure this has been extremely stressful for the front desk people as well as us end users.
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

STILL WAITING !! They sent me an email to say that my data file had been re-instated but alas it was a date file 2 months old. Nearly end of day 3 without being able to do any processing !!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.