Loging on with google not working

Shelley Ruston
Shelley Ruston Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon One
On the Reckon one portal, I have always signed in with my business google account. I normally sign in and it automatically goes to the books.
However now after I click sign in with Google it says I am signed in with google but it doesn't take me to the books so I'm just stuck on the sign in screen! 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Shelley,
    Which browser are you using when you run into this?

Does the same this occur when you try logging in on a different browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shelley Ruston
    edited August 2018
    Hey, yes I've tried chrome and safari 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Shelley,
    When you created the Reckon account, did you use the 'Sign in with Google' option OR did you register by entering your Gmail address and other details using the full registration method? ie. choosing your own password & entering other required details.

The 'Sign in with Google' button will only work if you used this option when first registering your Reckon Portal account. If you used the full registration method, then you'll need to use your email address and password to sign in.

Is your Reckon Portal user name ie. email address, the same one you've registered against this Reckon Community account? If so, let me know and I can check what registration method was used.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shelley Ruston
    edited August 2018
    I pressed the sign in with google button always. Yes its the same email.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for that Shelley,
    I've taken a quick look at that email address and its been registered for the Reckon Portal using the 'full' registration method rather than 'Sign in with Google'.

This means that rather than pressing the Sign in with Google button, you need to input the Gmail address in the Username field and the password that you've created in the Password field on the login screen.

• Cosmin Ciuraru
    Cosmin Ciuraru Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

I have just come across this discussion as when trying to sign into Reckon with my Google account it does not work for me either. Looking at the requests between my browser and your servers/Google, it looks like something is not OK at your end in the sign in process. Please see attached the 502 HTTP error given:

I have tried resetting my password by entering my email address but it tells me that there's no such registered user so I must be registered through Google.

Thanks,
    Cosmin
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Cosmin,
    How have you been signing into Reckon One usually?

I've searched for your Reckon Portal account, your situation is a little different to Shelley's above. Your user name when signing in is not an email address but rather a username eg. abcdxyz 

• Cosmin Ciuraru
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for you reply. Always have been able to sign in with my Google account, used it a week or 2 ago most recently. I really need to get access to my account as need to issue an invoice. How do I proceed?

Thanks,
    Cosmin
  • Cosmin Ciuraru
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav

I'm following up with this issue as I still can't access my account. I've called technical support and I am in a queue for 40 minutes already without being able to talk to someone. Can I please get some help?

Regards,
    Cosmin
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Cosmin,
    Sorry to hear we've kept you waiting for quite some time on your call. 

As I mentioned previously, I looked up your account and in regard to your actual registration it shows that its not a Google registration ie. 'Sign in with Google' but rather a 'normal' registration where you have a specific user name.

For some context, for 'normal' registrations the account provider type in our database shows 'reckon' (as below for your account), for Google registrations it will state Google.

What you'll need to do from here is sign in by inputting your user name and the password you created. If you're not sure of the user name or password you'll be able to use the login recovery process by selecting 'Help, I forgot my sign in details' on the login screen.