Long Service Leave Accruals

Ang McDonald
Ang McDonald Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
HI,

I have 2 employees who have now been employed by me for 7 years and one wants to take some LSL.  I've never coded or added any provision in my Reckon Hosted for LSL.  I have worked out they are both entitled to 6.9 weeks as of 21/2/2020. How do I code this? My accountant advised most of his customers just keep manual records of the staff LSL, and do not add any details to Reckon Hosted. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Christopher Donohue
    Christopher Donohue Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    I don't know which state you operate in but in NSW, employees are not usually entitled to take Long Service Leave until they have achieved ten years of service.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    I've always managed LSL in a parallel fashion to annual leave with the leave accruing for every hour worked (using one of the "other leave" tabs).   Seems to work ok for permanent staff full or part time.
    Definitely use a spreadsheet to record hours worked and entitlements - in Victoria these are not straight forward calculations

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I'm of the same understanding
  • Ang McDonald
    Ang McDonald Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Thank you.  Victoria is my state and it changed in November 2018 that they can access their LSL after 7 years 

• Bruce
    edited February 2020
    sorry - meant to "casual employees" in my reference to using a spreadsheet

• Bruce
    edited February 2020
    Kevin
    I have been advised that the calculator you refer only tells part of the story.  Apparently it doesn't address what pay rate to use for casuals and the implicit assumption is that permanent employees have always worked at the same full time equivalent rate.

Based on this advice, I have always accrued long service leave based on hours worked and used excel to determine which pay rate for casual employees