Long Service Leave no accruing on 1 out of 5 employees

Candice Carlsen
Candice Carlsen Member Posts: 15
edited August 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,
I have an issue where one employee out of five is not getting their LSL calculated in the accruing field. The setup is exactly the same as everyone else's LSL, I am not sure where else to look.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Hi Candice,

Has it accrued LSL for this particular employee before this? ie. has it suddenly stopped accruing?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Candice Carlsen
    edited August 2017
    Hi Rav,

No it has never calculated correctly.
    There use to be a payroll item set up incorrectly as an 'hourly wage' that was adding 1 unit in the 'available' field every pay period - looking at the 'review pay cheque' window. I had to create a new payroll item 'addition' and edit all previous pays to correct. The LSL field has never calculated anything in the 'available' or 'accrued' fields since I implemented the feature.
    Employee is a casual and employed since 2009, which is the date that was entered in the leave details screen down the bottom near the 'begin accruing time on'.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for getting back to me Candice,

OK, if I'm following your process correctly, the issue is that the 'Addition' payroll item does not include a leave component and therefore will not accrue any leave for this employee. Ie. the LSL will not accrue.

You will need to use the payroll item type of 'Wage' in order to enable leave accrual.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Candice Carlsen
    edited August 2017
    Hi Rav,

I just almost finished my response to you stating that I couldn't find the issue -  then realised that the 2 casuals get paid with different payroll items, a re-check of their setup revealed the above titled inclusions not ticked on one!!!!
    GENUIS!!!

Thanks a bunch.