long service leave not updating

Teresa_7838184
Teresa_7838184 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2017 in Payroll Premier
One of the staff has taken pro-rata at the 7 year mark of 33.6 hours.  They have reached the 10 year mark on the 5 September but the -33.6 hours has not updated to what is currently owing.  What do I need to do?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Teresa!

First thing I would recommend is to head to the Employee Record and see if everything is set up correctly there.

How are things looking there?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Teresa_7838184
    edited November 2015
    All details are entered exactly the same for all employees - do I need to manually alter the subtracted total and make it a positive amount (by working it out manually)?  Will it then continue to work itself out?
  • Teresa_7838184
    edited April 2016
    33.6 hours is what was taken - the total was never displayed after 7 years - how do I alter the calcs? I understand the amount is 0.0167 per week.
  • Teresa_7838184
    edited November 2015
    No
  • Teresa_7838184
    edited November 2015
    We are casual employees - do not get sick leave or annual leave and work 47.6 hours per fornight - One of my employees has been here for 15 years also casual, her long service leave updates according without me doing anything
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Teresa,

Just want to touch base on how you are getting on with this question?

In addition to Andrew's comments, the Help Index provides a number of examples of Setting Up Leave that may be of Help:  Help > Contents > Index, and search for Leave Accrual.

For existing employees where leave has not accumulated properly (or not at all), you will need to manually calculate their  leave entitlement to the last pay and enter it in the Employee Record > Leave tab under Hrs Accrued to Date.

In relation to entitlements and accrual rates, its best to have a chat to your accountant so you are working with the correct figures.  

regards,
    John

• Teresa_7838184
    edited November 2015

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately my help box doesn't help due to Windows issues - but I have entered the amount of hours in accrued to date and my current settings are Start - 0.00, Period Pay/Every 1.00, Period Pay and Accrued Hours - 0.00? Is this correct if not what do I need to alter and now that I have entered the amount in hrs accrued will it continue to calculate?

Thanks

Teresa

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Teresa,

Here is a sample setup of leave for an Employee being paid an hourly rate:

in Accrual Details, the Period and Accrue Hrs will vary for businesses, so please talk to your Accountant for the correct choices and rates for your business.  The Hrs Accrued to Date is the amount of leave this employee is entitled to since the start of employment less the amount of leave taken.  This number is increased with each pay run and decreases when holiday time is taken and the holiday pay rate used in the payrun.  

If you cannot see the Help Index then please see this Microsoft support article that is mentioned in the Installation and Upgrade Guide for this issue:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/917607

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Teresa_7838184
    edited November 2015
    Thank you it looks like its working