Looking for Australian Connectwise users who integrate with Reckon

MERYEM
MERYEM Member Posts: 4
edited September 2020 in Reckon API
Hi,
I am looking for users of Australian Reckon Accounts Enterprise who also use Connectwise - business management software. We are having a few issues with GST being synced across to Reckon from Connectwise.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Meryem,

The connection was developed by Connectwise using our developer tools (API/SDK) and its the same one they use in the US more or less. Please contact them directly however if they cannot address, please have their development head email us HERE.

Kind regards,
    Jason
  • MERYEM
    edited September 2020
    Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your reply and would be so grateful if you could assist me or point me in the right direction as I seem to have hit a brick wall with support from both ends.

Connectwise are stating: When ConnectWise Manage updates Reckon, we transfer an .XML file that contains your accounting information. Based on Kaylie's earlier tests, the XML file ConnectWise Manage generates does include the correct tax information.  Unfortunately, since Manage is generating the correct info, we are unable to confirm why this information is being read improperly by Reckon. If Reckon is able to identify an error in the XML, we can bring this to the attention of our developers to make sure they can properly read the information.

Reckon are stating: GST is calculating properly within the s/w hence there is no issue to be dealt with on their end & that they do not support 3rd party s/w.

The sales invoicing side syncs perfectly to Reckon, however the Vendor invoices sync across without recognising gst and so one would need to manually select gst on each vendor invoice in Reckon - which is just not what anyone would want to do in this day and age.

Hence, here I am looking for where the broken link is.

Regards,

• Jason Hollis
    edited November 2018
    I will ask the team if we have had contact from Connectwise. If we can get a copy of the email (emailed not posted here) we can go from there. 

There is no issue with the SDK around GST that we are aware of (unless its something new.. but very unlikely given the maturity of the SDK) so most likely its an issue in your file or what Connectwise are sending in the XML (at least thats where to start).  
  • MERYEM
    edited September 2020
    Hi Jason, Shall I send the email and sample XML file to you at apisupport@reckon.com?

• Jason Hollis
    edited November 2018
    To our team, yes. 
  • MERYEM
    edited September 2020

Thank you Jason - have done so.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Meryem. We'll get onto it ASAP.