Lowest Forecasted Balance incorrect on Reckon Accounts Personal Plus

Options
Nadine Billie
Nadine Billie Member Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
My lowest forcasted balance in ReckonAccounts Personal Plus 2013 is out majorly, how can I correct it??

Comments

• Michael Ung
    Michael Ung Alumni Posts: 27
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi Nadine

I am not sure I understand what your issue is here. Could you please explain your scenario in more details please.

regards

Michael

• Nadine Billie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hi Michael. In Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013, when I am in my bank account on the Transaction tab, down the bottom of the Scheduled Bills & Desposits Tab it has a Lowest Forecasted Balance. I have been using this for years without problems, then about two months ago the balance has changed to a negative $26 926 figure, which is in no way correct. I have tried changing the settings as one month to twelve etc and double checked the account but it still show this weird amount. Thanks Nadine Billie
  • Michael Ung
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi Nadine

the weird amount that is appearing in the lowest forecasted balance, is it the same as the ending balance? or is it an unknown amount that doesn't have any relation to the account?.

you may need to consider validating your data file by creating a backup copy first, to create a backup copy click on  File >> Backup >> then backup to your computer.

once backup is complete click on File >> File Operations >> Validate >> Select the file you want to validate and click open.

once that is done do a super validate click File >> File Operations >> hold Shift and Ctrl Key down the click on Validate >> select the file you want to super validate and click open.

once that is completed check the balance again, does it match your ending balance?

if it matches your ending balance and your ending balance is incorrect you need to find out why that is so.

when you have the register open click on "Report" at the top right of the register then select "Register report"

hope this helps please let me know how you go with this.

Regards

Michael

• Nadine Billie
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for your help, my ending balance equals the register report balance, but the lowest forecast is out about 30 thousand.

When I ran the validation reports they came up with this message:

QDF:
    Validating the QDF file.
    Removed unneeded category: "[ACCT_29]".
    Fixed damage for account: "ACCT_29".

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nadine

• Nadine Billie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Do you have any more ideas on how I may correct this?
  • Michael Ung
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Nadine

Do you have any outstanding scheduled bills and Deposits that are overdue and have not been process?

Do you have any download transactions that are also outstanding and haven't been process?

The reason the lowest forecast balance is incorrect is because it is calculating those outstanding figures, because they are unprocessed transactions the figures will not appear in the ending balance of your bank account and therefore showing you that it is not matching with the lowest forecast.

If you enter the outstanding figure it will alter the ending balance of your bank account, but if you choose to skip the overdue or outstanding transaction the lowest forecasted balance will be altered.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Regards

Michael

• Nadine Billie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thank you Michael for your reply, I have doubled checked this and there are currently no transactions yet to be processed or outstanding scheduled bills.
    All other accounts balance perfectly, I just have one account that is roughly $20 K out.
  • Michael Ung
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Nadine

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end by having outstanding balance in the scheduled bills for a specific account, and I fixed it by removing those scheduled bills to make it balance again

I understand you mentioned that you do not have any outstanding scheduled bills and download transactions and you mentioned that all other accounts balance perfectly except for this one account that is roughly 20k out.

can you check specifically this one account that is roughly 20k  out and see if there are any outstanding balance under scheduled bills or downloaded transactions for that account that is roughly 20K out, they should have in red overdue under scheduled bills.

if you have checked this and this one account that is 20K out is still appearing in the lowest forecasted balance, it may be possible that there is a corruption in the data file and we may need you to send in the file for further diagnostic test, I would suggest for you to contact reckon technical support on 1902 223 101 for a one on one support.

Thanks

Michael