Maintaining Employees - JobKeeper

Ian McDougall
Ian McDougall Member Posts: 9
edited June 2020 in Reckon One
I am trying to submit our Jobkeeper claim for May, however, the ATO Records say that I have 10 employees when I only claimed for 8 in April and one of those was terminated on 14 May. So at the very best I should have 8 employees in one fortnight and 7 in the other.

When I go into the ATO Portal and click on on the jobkeeper section to do the declaration and claim for the month it tells me that I have to do maintenance of employees through my STP lodgement. This is despite the ATO's own notes which say that I maintain employees each month by clicking on the Maintain Employees block of the declaration section.

Can anyone help me please with advice as to what I may have done wrong and how I can correct my problem in order that I can lodge our claim.

Regards

Ian

Comments

• Brunda TV
    Brunda TV Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Ian McDougall, I am facing the same problem. More numbers than claimed in April. I didnt add any at all.
    Here is what I have gathered regarding the issue.
    If you use STP, use it to maintain employees (use an update event if needed).
    If you dont use STP, gather the employees details (DOB, TFN) and call up ATO.
    They have been really helpful ever since Jobkeeper started, and will suggest various options as needed.
  • LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2020
    Hi, There seems to be no quick to this problem.  You need to ring ATO and they will adjust and do the form on your behalf.
  • Felicity Bleckly_10462754
    Felicity Bleckly_10462754 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2020
    I had the same issue? I phoned the ato to get it corrected. It took a while. They did it over the phone. But give the rep your phone number as the call dropped out after an hour. So I got a call back