MANY Employee Buttons not working in Accounts Hosted - Employee Organiser

Sara_7151075
Sara_7151075 Member Posts: 66
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have two employees that I have to manually change their pay for each week because the raises and promotions don't save or change. I also cannot terminate another employee.
Ive tried asking on here before and searching other posts

As I read for solutions to this problem I see many others have the same problem and its been on going for some time.

Also, doing the pays takes a really long time to load and freezes up.... does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I now use Xero for my payroll as the Reckon payroll problems were ongoing for our business for a very long time, apart from the freezing, leave was not calculating correctly, I tried many times to fix this but it kept reverting to an incorrect calculation and had to be manually adjusted every week which was time consuming.  The extra costs of Xero is justified by the time now taken to do payroll is less than half.  Reckon works well for the customer and supplier side of our business but payroll was very teadious and time consuming.
  • Sara_7151075
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Kerrie,

I pay $1200 a year for this program.... I expect it to work!

These problems have only started occurring for me over the last month. Worked perfectly before that
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Sara,

Have you spoken to our Hosted support team on this yet?

Please get in touch with us on 1300 799 150 so a technician can take a look and assist.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sara_7151075
    edited March 2017
    On reading all the other comments it looks as thought its not just me and that reckon haven't done anything to rectify.
    Can I email instead.... It's much easier and less time consuming
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Sara.  Why don't you forget about Raises and Promotions, if it is causing you such problems and instead just amend the employee record under the Payroll and Compensation Info tab to show the correct value for the hourly rate or the weekly rate.  Change it once and you shouldn't have to then change it each pay thereafter..  Personally, I never use Raises and Promotions, preferring the change the actual item data instead.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited April 2017
    Hi Kerrie.  You now use Xero.  I am curious to know whether or not Xero is like Reckon in that they consider a year to consist of only 364 days for anybody on a salary Reckon divides a salary by only  52 weeks in a year?  People who use the Reckon annual salary feature are paying such employees an extra week of pay at least over a period of every five year  or so?.
    John L G
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017
    Hi John,

I did actually try as you suggested when the problem again and in the following weeks, but I cannot even do this! (And I am the administrator).... there seems to be not much at all that I can do in the area

"Hi Sara.  Why don't you forget about Raises and Promotions, if it is causing you such problems and instead just amend the employee record under the Payroll and Compensation Info tab to show the correct value for the hourly rate or the weekly rate.  Change it once and you shouldn't have to then change it each pay thereafter..  Personally, I never use Raises and Promotions, preferring the change the actual item data instead.
    John L G"
  • Sara_7151075
    edited March 2017
    Rav, Ive emailed and heard nothing... What's the usual wait time???
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Sara.  Are you getting an error message when you try to change the hourly rate or the weekly rate in the employee record?  Does this mean to say that you cannot even enter data for a new employee?  The only way that there can be potential restrictions on your role if your role is not set up how you think it is.  Have you had a look at Company>Users>Setup users and roles and see if your role has restrictions on what you can do.
    John L G
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi John, as we only have weekly wages I am not sure how Xero calculates salaries
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017
    Hi John
    The set up is correct.... It hasn't been a problem in the past with the same staff - I employ apprentices and their wage goes up yearly! Also I cannot terminate an employee.
    I received an email from Reckon support - very unhelpful.... But this week it is allowing me to edit in the payroll area - lets hope it is still correct next week

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Just crazy, Sara.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  This just does not make any sense.
    John L G
  • Kelly_9053791
    Kelly_9053791 Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2018
    Hey Sara

Did you ever find a resolution? I've got two staff who's pays don't calculate correctly EVERY week. I've tried removing the addition from their employee card, saving and then reentering it, to no avail.
    Hopefully you found an answer you're able to share?

Cheers