mapi error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.ccp

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

i cannot print invoice because my microsoft outlook will not open, instead the error message comes up.? operating system windows 10
reckon 2013 standalone
Photo of vic

vic

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 25,350 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Vic

Thanks for asking.

Have you given the user Full Control to the Reckon Accounts Business programme?

Full guide in KB5397.

regards,
John.
Photo of John G

Hello again Vic,

Please make yourself familiar with these notes:

Running older versions of Reckon Accounts/QuickBooks on newer technology

Windows 10 and Reckon Accounts - update

regards,
John
Photo of vic

vic

HI John,
Tried that just now, made sure all of them had full control error still there. Also if i open reckon not as administor i get the following error- Printer not activte error code 20
If i open it as administrator the erro is mapi error code 00000000  ......
Photo of vic

vic

i am not sure what you are trying to say about running old versions of reckon with newer technology? I purchased the reckon 2013 at the same time as this computer with windows 8, of which i updated with windows 10 surely that would not be much to ask for reckon to keep the software updated, specially as a stand alone?
Photo of vic

vic

hope you can offer something better to resolve, as i have seen many people having the same issue, i wonder if they actually ever resolved this same issue.
I have read a many of complaints but no resolve.
A lot of talk about the possibilty of resolve but no resolve? where to from here, a new lot of software?
Which brand do i go with if this is not fixable because reckon does not update its software to do simple printing of an invoice or emailing of an invoice in 1 click of a button.
Photo of John G

Thanks Vic,

What version of Outlook are you using?
Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit?  You'll get better results with 32-bit.
Is Outlook running as admin?

With your 2013 version of Reckon Accounts you will have difficulties getting email and pdf creation to work properly as that version contains drivers not fully compatible with 64-bit and Windows 10.  Only 2016 versions onwards are fully compatible with Windows 10.  

Some aspects you can pay attention to:

Launch RAB as Run As Admin

Is the Reckon PDF Converter set to its own port?
Have earlier versions of Reckon/QuickBooks PDF Converters been removed?
What is your UAC setting?
See KB4897

Is Outlook open at the time you are sending emails from RAB?
see KB5108

regards,
John
Photo of vic

vic

Outlook 2010

John thank for reply, but I am so tired of this, so disappointed in the actual method.

Check this check that, really is this how Reckon works, and then nothing works bcs no one actually know what the problem is?  I just need a reckon person to resolve this HOLE of the crappy accounting system that does not work so that i do not waste another minute of my time.

If you do not know the problem which from your replies it is obvious you do not bcs you are stabbing and a 100 million options bcs the software does not adapte to the every changing world of microsoft.
32bit 64 bit what do you expect me to do build my computer around the software lol Reckon need to pull their fingers out and do something or loose clients that will never come back even if you paid them!!!

I invite you to come and fix it. And if you cannot then I guess that says it all right , the program is a waste of everyones time, that are actually taking the time to write anything here.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,040 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Vic,
We're trying to troubleshoot this with you as there are multiple variables at play here which can all potentially have an impact. I fully understand and can appreciate that you're frustrated at having to deal with this problem, all we're asking is that you meet us halfway so that we can try get to the bottom of it.
Photo of John G

Thanks for the feedback Vic,

Unfortunately you are facing the problem of an earlier version of Reckon Accounts running on a newer Windows 10 operating system.  You are not going to get a seemless operation with PDF creation and emailing, but depending on your system setup, you may still be able to work around it.  

The only solution is to upgrade to the latest Reckon Accounts version (2017; 2018 will be released in a month's time) which has been configured specifically for Windows 10 and 64 bit.  You should still be able to use Outlook 2010 but Outlook 2016 will produce a more favourable result.  

regards,
John
Photo of vic

vic

basically reckon does not update it software instead expecting you to pay them to keep there software updated is that what MYOB do ? are reckon try to milk me? so it clearly seems! then in 2 years time windows 12 14 etc come out and back to the same problem as now, so why would i consider to pay for a new software to find myself back to this problem in 24 months.?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,152 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Vic,

While I appreciate you're frustrated you're now spamming this thread with content not relevant to your original topic. The edition of Reckon Accounts you are using was released well before Windows 10 and as such no testing could be performed on the program to ensure compatibility with an OS that did not exist at that point in time. Due to this, we have been providing you with information on steps/troubleshooting which have proven successful for some users previously when using incompatible versions + Windows 10, unfortunately we cannot guarantee any degree of success however as mentioned in some cases steps such as running Admin mode etc have worked.

The 2016 range of Reckon Accounts is the first edition that is fully compatible with Windows 10.
Photo of vic

vic

I am not spamming you need to get your facts right. Choose your words a little more carefully to many people have read this thread already, trying to have it removed just confirms the scam further.

Reckon cannot even advise if rolling back to windows 8 will fix the problem? will it?
All reckon can offer is a new program at $760 with payroll which i do not need.
Okay, So what if i roll back to windows 8 will it work then?
What if i get a new standalone computer with windows 8 just for reckon 2013, will i be able to load my reckon software into it or will there be issues doing that with the disk I originally received?
Photo of Vittorio Piacente

Vittorio Piacente

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
so i see that others are having the same problem with reckon 2017, what a joke lol

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.