MAPI error code 00000000(0) at line 947 in sendemail.cpp

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Hi I just upgrade to Windows 10 and this error occurs when trying to send payslip from Reckon Accounts 2017 by email.

The email I am using is Outlook 2013 to link with and there was no problem before upgrade to windows 10.

Would you please help advise how to solve this problem?
Photo of Monica

Monica

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Piece of cake call me Kevin t:0407744914. I fixed this for another client only last week
Photo of Kevin Russell

Jo did you use the knowledge base?
Photo of Brecht

Brecht

• 70 Points
Hi Kevin, could you advise how you fixed this? We are unable to roll back to 1703 and am not sure what else the solution is. Unfortunately I'm not in the US so can't call you.

Regards,
Photo of Kevin Russell

Call me after 2pm today. Im in a conference
Photo of Tom Tomm

Tom Tomm

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I call also Kevin. Same problem mate..
Photo of Kevin Russell

Yeppirs. And Im not in the U.S.
Photo of Kevin Russell

(Edited)
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am also having the same problem right after a major windows update this morning. Until now we have been using the workaround of running both Reckon software and Outlook as administrator but after the Win 10 update on all the workstations this morning cannot email. Kevin we always have outlook open so that is making no difference in this instance. Cannot email anything now out of Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017.
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Orkun Im out of the office call me after 3pm
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

The update which threw all of our emails was a major update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709) so I am not sure if it can be rolled back and to be honest I don't know if I want to attempt it on 9 pc's however I have thrown it back to the development team at Reckon to try and come up with a fix.... 
Photo of Kevin Russell

Not correct Okrun. You might like to look again. 
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

Thanks Kevin, you were right. The day of the big update which was the 1709 it seems that there were also a lot of smaller updates office that may have been within that package or released at same time. They are not on the main recent updates page but still easy enough to find. One outlook update in particular was the culprit on most machines but it was a different number on my notebook. Emails have gone back to the usual workaround now of running both outlook and reckon as administrator to get them to work but this is a 4 year old workaround so we are used to this one.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Well I fixed it Orkun. No work around for me
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

Then you know something the Reckon development team doesn't. We have been back and forth for 4 years on this issue and their only fix is to run both as administrator. I have been using quickbooks/reckon software since V2.0 many moons ago and out of all the issues we have been faced with this is the only one that they cannot seem to overcome. If not run as administrator then we get the same mapi error. XP machines never suffered this fate. It has been since Win7 and carried on to Win10.
Photo of Satyam Buldawo

Satyam Buldawo

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin,
I am having same problem. Can i call you now or is it too late?
Hem
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 40,800 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Its never too late
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

You can also look here to help prevent the update installing automatically
 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...
Photo of Stuart Summerville

Stuart Summerville

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This problem seems to have been around for multiple versions of RA; is NOT limited to win10 as the client OS (we've just seen it in Win7); and seems to cover multiple use case scenarios. If Reckon can't fix it, I'm not sure why they don't write a more detailed write-up of things to try, to save people having to trawl Reckon forums and KB.

ie.

- ensure outlook is fully started before trying to batch send emails form RA.
- (Seemingly) don't  put RA into "send each email individually" mode.
- (Presumably) ensure Outlook has no dialogs present, or other things happening that might block incoming MAPI commands from RA.
- (Worthwhile?) starting Outlook fully BEFORE even running RA?

I must say the result in this forum discussion of everyone having to (negotiate time to) call an "Accredited partner" (from the same forum thread) seems mildly ludicrous to me. Nobody gains the benefit of their solution, or the diagnostic process that went with it! Yes, there were some references to other articles, but somehow I don't think that covered all MeToo's.
This could be sooo much easier! :|

Stu.
(Edited)
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

• 1,102 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Stuart this is the condensed version of this issue. The latest is that reckon developers want some screenshots..... I am with you however. It is a known issue, there is no pattern to users, versions etc so there should be a bit more transparency on rectification. 

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/-mapi-error-code-00000000-0-at-line-921-in-sendmail-cpp?u...
Photo of Shrish b

Shrish b

Hi ,
My client is facing the same issue, it is happening in the windows 10 device.Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,Shrish
Photo of Shrish b

Shrish b

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the reply.

- I checked that outlook is open during the reckon software is on
- User has full priviliges to the software.
- i also checked that the  box that says "Display each email when sending more than one" is unticked.
Let me know what else i should try.
The client is using latest version of windows 10 and outlook is 2016 version.
Thanks,Shrish
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 38,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
DID YOU READ THE KB ARTICLE? There is a reason I asked this.
Photo of Shrish b

Shrish b

Hi Kevin, Apologies, i'm new to this forum, could you please share me a link to the article.
Thanks,Shrish
Photo of Orkun Evren

Orkun Evren

• 1,184 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
God this does my head in Kevin. I know you and I are on the same wavelength for a result but seriously the cryptic answers when people are just looking for help. I was one of those looking for advice at one stage and I know how frustrating it is when you get the old " did you search the kb " The kb is full of a lot of general bs..... I am on a lot of different forums and on most thank goodness people offer advice or links. 

Shrish, below is a link with some useful and some not so useful advice. Most of us are not getting a solution to this problem from Reckon who appear to be sitting on their hands on the issue and blaming microsoft for it.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/-mapi-error-code-00000000-0-at-line-921-in-sendmail-cpp
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 38,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Orkun with the most humble and sincere respect I disagree.