Match Transactions screen applying payments even if Cancel button is pressed

Options
Carrie_7009426
Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

We are using Accounts Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition.

I download bank transactions and import them in via Import Bank Statement.

Once in the Match Transaction screen I allocate the downloaded transactions.  If I accidently select CANCEL instead of DONE at the bottom of the screen then the downloaded transactions are still marked Unmatched,  but the payments have actually been applied.  This has caused some confusion as a couple of customers have then had a payment allocated to their account twice

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Carrie,

I can see the same thing happening on my end.  It seems like clicking cancel confuses the program.  When a transaction is matched it reconciles the transaction sitting in the register, and the program tells it self the corresponding transaction in the bank statement has been matched and marks it as matched, but clicking cancel makes the one in the bank statement become unmatched, but it doesn't unreconcile the transaction in the bank statement.  Very confusing!  Leave it with me and I will investigate this further and get back to you.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Shane,  Just wondering if there was any development on this issue... I still have problems with it.  A simple solution might be to move the cancel button to the other side of the screen so that you can't accidentally click it instead of the done button.