Matching bank import data to invoice payments from customers

Katie Dukes
Katie Dukes Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi All

I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted and am importing the transactions from our bank data and would like to know how I can match the deposits from our customers as payments to the invoices that have been previously created by me and sent to them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Highlight the payment you received in the Downloaded Transactions zone
    Click on Add One to Register
    Select the option As a payment on a tax invoice,.....

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Katie Dukes
    Katie Dukes Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Hi John

Thank you for your prompt reply.

This is great, I will do this in future.  I have been clicking " using the register" for all transactions.

I have already added these payments by "using the register".  What would the best way to amend this?

Thank you very much
    Katie
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi Katie,

By using the "Using the register" option your payments have not been matched to your invoices, so all those "paid" invoices will show as unpaid, even if the balance for the Customer is 0.00.  The payment is sitting on the Customer account as a deposit and is available as a Credit Note.

So you'll need to go to Customers > Receive Payments > select a customer > select an invoice, and apply the available credit to match the two and set your invoice as officially "paid".

regards,
    John

• Accounts NZ
    Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2019
    Hi John, I just posted as I'm having trouble getting the screen to pop up after "Add one to register" that gives the option to select "As a payment on a tax invoice." Do you know why this might be or how I can fix it? Thanks!