Matching downloaded QIF file to account

Mike Parfitt
Mike Parfitt Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Personal Plus 2013, having used 2010 before that. When importing QIF files to match to my accounts, I would have sworn that matched transactions were flagged as cleared(c). This allowed you to easily see which transactions you have matched. Also I thought that you could specify the matching tolerance (in days), and also to correct the register date to the downloaded date. All these useful features seem to have disappeared. Am I going crazy? If they have been removed, please bring them back. Best regards Mike Parfitt Personal Plus 2013 Personal Plus 2010 Microsoft Money

Comments

• Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

I have tested on Quicken 2010 and 2013 version, both of them has the status "Match" when the transaction is already exist. Also the dates will display the transaction date and not the download date when importing.

Here is a screenshot on Quicken 2010 http://postimg.org/image/d6uym8xw3/

Regards,
    Hoang
  • Ed Coppe
    Ed Coppe Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Hoang,

I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013.

I can't see any way to import my bank transactions. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ed
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ed,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.
    You import bank transactions by clicking on File > Import > QIF. See below picture.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Ed Coppe
    Ed Coppe Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Mirko,

Thanks. I now realise I had to highlight the account to import the QIF file to.

Thanks,

Ed
  • Mike Parfitt
    Mike Parfitt Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Hoang,
    I understand what you are saying. That is the way the import function works, but my question was:
    1) I thought that once a match had been found, that the register date was replaced with the download date. This would make sense, as it may have taken a few days for the transaction to be processed by the bank, and in the end, their date is the correct date. That is when the transaction took place.
    2) I also thought that once a match had been found, that a "c" was put into the status box, to indicate that this transaction had been cleared. This also makes sense, as it allows you to easily see which of your register transactions have actually been cleared.
    Neither of these two things happen (even with the latest 2015 version), and that significantly degrades the value of the import function.
    Best regards

Mike Parfitt