MediBank Private Ltd (MPL) share price Updates - Not recognised

Wayne_6868499
Wayne_6868499 Member Posts: 19
I've recently renewed my software to again accept share data downloads from the ASX. Within my portfolio, I have MediBank Private Ltd (MPL) - but it cannot find the code and therefore cannot update the latest share price info etc. Is there a reason for this anomaly?

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2015
    Hi Wayne,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

With regards to your query, the MediBank Private Limited indeed has the Ticker Code of MPL. Might we ask what you mean that it cannot be found? Where are you searching for it? Moreover, which Reckon Accounts Year version are you using?

We also have conducted a test and the Share Prices has updated today up to Prices for 13/02/2015 for $2.52.

Please ensure the Ticker Symbol used is set to 'MPL' from Investing | Security List for that Stock then to do an update of Share Prices.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards.

Jamaiel

• Wayne_6868499
    edited February 2015
    Hi Jamaiel,

I have used "MPL" and the only thing the search find for that is: TEMPLETON GLOBAL GROWTH FUND LIMITED - where I assume it's picking the MPL from teMPLeton....

My licence has only just been renewed, and is valid until 02/02/17 and I'm using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 Release R1 (Australian Edition).

I have no idea why when I search for either MPL or MediBank, it is not found...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Wayne
  • Wayne_6868499
    edited February 2015
    Sorry - to help add to what I'm trying to do, I'm in the 'Edit Security Details' Window for MediBank Private Ltd because when I do a one step update for my whole share portfolio (and I have a number of Australian socks in my holdings), for some reason MPL is not updated - and is the only stock in my portfolio which doesn't update. I assumed it's possible because the security has been entered incorrectly, but I try editing and reload the 'symbol' which is MPL, but the search function from the edit security window - doesn't find MPL.

Hope that helps clear up what exactly I'm trying to achieve here.

Cheers

Wayne

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2015

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the information.

For now, ignore the 'Look Up' in the 'Edit Security Details' and just have MPL on the Ticker Symbol. Afterwards, do the One Step Update. Select to Download stock & managed fund quotes and just select quotes for MPL or MediBank Private Limited. Then Update Now.

Today, it updates Share Prices for 16/02/2015 for $2.53.

But aside from that, was is the Type, Exchange, Currency, and Asset Class settings?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel

• Wayne_6868499
    edited November 2015
    Hi Jamaiel again,

I did as outlined above, and now my whole portfolio (50+ Australian stocks) have not updated. I've gone back and selected all Ticker Symbols, but my Quote/Price column just has an est. next to yesterday's values for the whole portfolio - and no value for today has uploaded.

I thought you'd helped solve my problem: as I found initially MPL was un-ticked in the select window, whereas all the rest of my portfolio tickers were ticked in the "Customise Online Updates" window. I selected 'clear all' and only selected MPL, but it didn't update, and when I went back and selected the 50+ odd from before - now all don't update... This is getting frustrating - and I'm at a loss to know why...

P.S. Info you requested on MPL set up:

Type: Stock,
    Exchange: Australia
    Currency: Australian Dollar, and
    Asset Class: Australian Stock

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention Wayne. It seems there is an issue with share price downloads at the moment. I will report this asap and post when its backup and running.  Apologies for any inconvenience.
  • Wayne_6868499
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Mirko, Please let me know ASAP. P.S. I tried to update again first thing this morning, but still nothing.
  • Wayne_6868499
    edited February 2015
    Any news on a fix? I came home from work and tried another update of my portfolio, but to no avail.....
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Wayne, thanks for your follow up. Nothing as yet, as soon as I hear anything I will pass the message on. ^Mirko
  • Wayne_6868499
    edited February 2015
    Just a follow up from my perspective... As of late yesterday, seems the download function for all stocks in my portfolio (including MPL) worked... It's worked today as well. That's two days in a row, so I assume the problem has been rectified. Cheers Wayne.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Great to hear Wayne!
  • Wayne_6868499
    edited July 2015
    Hi Mirko,

Once again, after months of Reckon working fine, I now find, since Fri 10 Jul, I'm unable to download any Australian Stock Market Data. My license is in date (only renewed it around 5 months ago) but alas, now download data comes through. I've tried every evening since Fri, and as of today - nothing.

P.S. I've not made any setting changes, any updates, had any failures (apart from the downloads), yet this.

Can you help please or advise whether the system has a problem more than just myself is experiencing.

Cheers

Wayne
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/share-price-download-issues-july-15th-2015

Hey Wayne, please see my latest statement regarding this issue in the above link. :)

This discussion has been closed.