Memorised report - modify Fast Report to apply to any account.

Neil Clough
Neil Clough Member Posts: 1
I would like to modify the in-built "Fast Report" for an Account in the Chart of Accounts List.
If I modify the report and save it, the saved report only runs for the account used in that saved report.
Can I create a "Memorised Report" that I can run on any selected account, i.e. without creating a separate memorised report for every account??
Thanks,

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    The best way to do this is to 1.  Go to Edit Preferences and change your report preferences by ticking the box that says "Prompt me to modify options when opening" - now 2.  Create your memorised report and give it a generic name...  maybe even put in the Header record of the memorised report - a note to select the account for which you wish to run it, eg your Report Title can be the type of report you are running, but the Subtitle could say : **FILTER REPORT FIRST** or words such as this to remind you.

Now when you run the memorised report - the modify report box opens first - you will then go to the Filters Tab and choose the account you wish to run the report for - and click OK to run it.

Cheers
    Linda