Merge suppliers

jamie_8948651
jamie_8948651 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm wondering if its possible to Merge 2 suppliers together.
I have a supplier entered twice with a different name spelling and multiple transaction have been entered under both names. Is it possible to merge the transactions or copy them to the correct name so i can make the incorrect name inactive? If not how can I rectify this?

Thanks

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Absolutely, all you have to do is to rename them with exactly the same name.
    You must be in single user mode to do this.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Jamie,

If you rename the second supplier to the same name as the first, you should receive an option to merge them together.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Yes, and if you rename the second supplier, all details of the one supplier will be the details in the first supplier.
    I would check all details are the same before merging.
  • jamie_8948651
    jamie_8948651 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017
    Thank you All, I will give it a go.
  • Leonie_7843277
    Leonie_7843277 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2018
    Wanting to clarify... when merging suppliers... I have two entries, both for the same supplier... one just has the "Pty Ltd" entered, making a second supplier in my list.
    One has all of the information required, that is - address, phone number, ABN etc
    The other has been entered without all of the required information...
    When I want to merge the two... which one do I rename.... the one with no information and then the entries are then shown in the correctly completed supplier name with all relevant information or is it the other way around???
    Help!!!  thanks, Leonie
  • Bev Coleman
    Bev Coleman Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Just FYI - you can't merge two suppliers you have paid by online banking which is a big shame