merging supplier

tjoseph
tjoseph Member Posts: 29
I am trying to Merge a supplier but Reckon will not let me - it comes up with the error message 'you cant merge these names becuase there are online banking payments for this name'. There are no 'current' payments to be made but in the past both have  been paid online. How do i merge them?

thanks, 

Comments

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Hi 
    Have you clicked into the "Online Banking Centre" (under Banking Menu) - there may be payments there.  

• tjoseph
    tjoseph Member Posts: 29
    edited September 2018
    Hi toni - no, there aren't any payments in the system waiting for this supplier - i read on a previous thread that if you have paid a supplier via the online method in the past you can not merge - I'm waiting for a reckon person to confirm if this is the case or not, because it seems strange to me.

• Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Yes that does seem very strange - oh and just realised you use a different version of Reckon than me- hope you get some answers soon - must be very frustrating :-)
  • Vickie Wesolowski
    Vickie Wesolowski Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2018
    I've had the same situation occur and like you assumed that you can't merge any suppliers that have had online payments made to them. It is frustrating.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Yes that is correct, merging is not possible when online banking payments have been made. This is a limitation of the software.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Consider renaming the existing Supplier names, adding a suffix and then making it inactive.
    Create a new Supplier and transfer any outstanding transactions from the original supplier names to this newly created supplier.