Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

QuickBooks Plus 2011-12

Need help with this warning as not sure what to do.  Nearly every time for the last couple of month with go open QuickBooks, I receive this Warning. 

I never use to get this message and I'm not quite sure what to do next.

Have you any ideas.

Thanks

Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What OS are you running?

If you right click and go run as admin, does the issue go away?
Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

We are running Windows 7.

I have tried the right click and run as admin but the message still comes up every now and then.

I had even went into the properties and compatibility and ticked the box RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR, but the message comes up every now and then as well.

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amanda,

Please ensure that your users have access to the folder that contains your company file.  

Also, check your services (Task Manager > Services) and if you see something like QBCFMonitorService, QuickBooksDB20 or DatabaseManagerService in your Services list,  stop them.

Hope this helps.

regards,
John
Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

Thanks John for getting back to me.

There is only one user for the computer (this is the only computer), as we are only a small company.

I have gone into Task Manager - Service and only found QBCF Monitor Service and the status was already Stopped.

If you have any other ideas for this problem I would appreciated.

Thanks

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Amanda,

In Task Manager > Processes, are there entries like QBCFMonitorService.exe and  QBDBMgrN.exe?  If so End the Process.

regards,
John.
Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have gone into Task Manager - Processes and the only entry that comes close to what you have said to stop is QBDBMgr.exe not QBDBMgrN.exe.

I havn't stop QBDBMgr.exe as yet as was not sure if I should be Ending the Process for this entry or not.

I have attached a screen shot for you to have a look at it.

Thanks

Photo of John G

Hi Amanda,

thanks for the additional information and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, do stop the QBDBmgr.exe process - it should not be running at all as your version is not a networking version so networking aspects have not been configured at all.

BTW, when you installed your programme, did you remember whether you chose the QuickBooks Only option or the QuickBooks and Company File Server option?

regards,
John
Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think I installed QuickBooks only not the QuickBooks and Company File. Server.  Is there a way I can check which 1 I installed.

Also I have stopped the QBDBmgr.exe process and I will advise you if the problem happens again.

Regards

Amanda

Photo of John G

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the update.

Now that QBDBmgr.exe has been stopped you should not experience this problem.

Although that process (or QBDBmgrN.exe) should only turn on if you installed with the option QuickBooks and Company file Server, or if at any stage you try to turn on multi-user (File > Utilities > Host multi-user access), we have had occassional reports of this process turning on without explanation. 

If you are forced to re-install at any time, make sure this process has been stopped before uninstalling and then ensure you install with QuickBooks only option (Reckon Accounts only in recent editions).

regards,
John
Photo of Amanda Kierle

Amanda Kierle

Hi John

Thanks for your help with everything, I really appreciated it.

The problem seems to be fixed, I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks again.

Regards

Amanda

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.