Message from the CEO

• Article
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Over the weekend we rolled out a new version of Reckon Accounts Hosted service. We had expected through careful planning that the transition to the updated service would have little impact on customers. However, over the last two days through community posts and calls through our contact centre I am aware that many of you have experienced issues with the service.

I want to personally apologise for any difficulties you may have had accessing and/or using the service since the change, and any problems you may have had contacting our support team. 

Whilst many users have been able to gain access to the program, there are a number of users being impacted by a specific system issue that results in their program failing to connect. In some instances users can connect by trying again, but not always. We are looking at this as a matter of priority by putting everything behind getting the system working as it should as soon as possible. As soon as this is resolved an update will be posted on the Reckon
Community

For any customers experiencing other issues with the new service we’re working through these on a case-by-case basis, and the team will continue to do this by responding to as many users as possible, as quickly as possible. To expedite this process we’ve expanded our contact centre team and please note that our support team will be available until 7pm (AEST) today. 

Making these changes to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service is something we’ve carefully planned and considered over the last year. Once we work through any and all issues users are experiencing through this upgrade process, I am confident that your user experience will be far better. You can see the full list of changes, as well as a list of FAQs and helpful videos, here.

Please be assured that we value the feedback and will continue to take account of customers’ opinions as the business and products evolve.

If you are continuing to experience problems or have further feedback please don’t hesitate to contact us via the community or via email to customerservice@reckon.com

Kind regards,

Clive
Rabie

Group
CEO - Reckon Limited 
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Have tried the email for service have plenty of read receipts but no contact from the , this is gross negligence , why cat we access the old system until you can confirm the new system works

This is costing lost of time and money are going to be compensated ?
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

• 1,032 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Try this email:

Clive Rabie, Group Chief Executive Officer, Reckon Limited
Ph: +61 2 9577 5946; Email: Clive.Rabie@reckon.com.au
Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

yeh have tried that as well , no response , so arrogant 
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

did you put the .com.au or .com ?
below you said .com

or give him a call :)
Photo of btron

btron

• 1,044 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Making these changes to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service is something we’ve carefully planned and considered over the last year....
FAIL
Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

Why was the old system still not in play ? I did not type in yes to have my file upgraded this has broken prior protocol they have done this with out our permission ?
Photo of Pam Nelson

Pam Nelson

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Clive, have been happy with the chat room service today & yesterday. But can you please give your many customers a realistic time frame as to when we will all be up and running? Told me, I may be up and running tomorrow!!! You must have some idea? Cheers
Photo of Incompetent_Reckon

Incompetent_Reckon

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
To expedite this process we’ve expanded our contact centre team and please note that our support team will be available until 7pm (AEST) today.
Pffft.... 7pm.
MYOB's regular tech support runs till midnight.

Looking to change to MYOB. Try one of their conversion services (if you can ever get your data file from Reckon)

http://myob.com.au/myob/business/myob-conversion-services-1257830977690
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

Clive Rabie, Group Chief Executive Officer, Reckon Limited
Ph: +61 2 9577 5946; Email: Clive.Rabie@reckon.com.au

From: http://www.reckon.com.au/aboutus/Documents/mediareleases/2008/Full_Year_Financial_Results2007.pdf
Photo of Dorretti deGraaff

Dorretti deGraaff

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
End of week report - clients all unhappy, lost at least 2 working (chargeable) days to helping unhappy clients, unable to work as usual myself in Reckon hosted (at least I can understand the client's frustration) and generally stressed to the max trying to cope with normal end of year items and the Reckon fiasco.

I am sorry but Reckon did not plan carefully for this change.  The fact that it was even scheduled for early August proves that you did not discuss this move with any of your professional partners or resellers.  Most of the issues that occurred would have been easily apparent on bench top testing. 

I have lost my client's confidence, lost money and lost sleep.  I don't usually post without at least one redeeming positive comment but I am hard pressed to understand how you could even damage your own business to this extent.