mfa barcode

Margo Veen
Margo Veen Member Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi there. I didn't understand that I had to have the google authenticator app on my IPhone so when the barcode came up I simply added the 6 digits that came up on my mobile and continued through the rest of the process. How do I now locate the barcode and store on my iPhone please?
I am using Reckon Hosted 2018

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Margo,
    Can you give me a bit more information on what 6 digit code you input if you didn't have Google Authenticator?
    Was it from a SMS message? Do you want to switch from SMS authentication to Google Authenticator?

We've got a few ways to authenticate for MFA; Google Authenticator, SMS or a browser extension.
    If you want to switch from one method to another, you need to first revoke the existing MFA from the profile settings in your Reckon Portal account.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Margo Veen
    Margo Veen Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Hi Ray
    I wish to stick with SMS message.  Do I need a barcode with SMS?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Margo,
    A QR code (what looks like a barcode), is only required during the setup of MFA when using Google Authenticator only.
    If you use SMS as your MFA option, then you won't need to scan any QR codes. It will work just through SMS text messages.

More info on MFA here - MFA (Multi Factor Authentication)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.