MFA code Verification Error

Dee Jones
Dee Jones Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Reckon One
I cannot get MFA code to be accepted - I cannot locate area on my android phone to correct time (Samsung J1 Mini) any other solution/s? 

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon community Dee.

You need to sync the time of the Google Authenticator app:
    1. Launch the Google Authenticator App;
    2. Tap the 3 dots in top right and select Settings
    3. Tap on Time correction for codes
    4. Tap sync now
    5. Click OK on the success message.
    Your time is now sync-ed.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Dee Jones
    edited July 2018
    Thanks John - have just followed instructions above and tried entering authentication code - received message advising time already aligned with Google servers. Tried entering authentication code but again have not been successful. Have not had this issue in previous weeks - surely there has to be more straightforward solution - none of us can afford to be wasting hours trying to lodge via this portal. Dee
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Dee,
    Are you using the original authenticator that was used to set MFA in the first instance? You need to be in order for it to work. For example; did you delete the Google Authenticator app at any stage after setting up the MFA?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dee Jones
    edited July 2018
    No - however, I was given an option to login using my Google Account and now when I open the authenticator I have two Reckon Portal Services listed. I have checked my profile details on the Reckon Portal and when entering the code I select the code for the email address registered on my profile. 
  • Dee Jones
    edited July 2018
    Apologies Rav - when answering No above it was in response to deleting the authenticator.