MFA is driving me nuts!

Nate Wang
Nate Wang Member Posts: 12
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
I might have set up Reckon GovConnect before, but haven't used it for quite a long time. Now I want to use STP, and it got stuck. The smartphone I used to set up MFA was a Samsung S8+. It had some issues last year so I got a new Note 9, restored all apps from S8+, and Google Authenticator is one of them. Now I cannot get into STP because it asks me for a 6 digit code to verify MFA. The code I generated on my new phone just doesn't work. I have tried synch time, it doesn't work. I forgot the Recovery PIN, and it requires the MFA to view the Recovery PIN! Is it a dead circle? Or Catch 22? I give up! Called Reckon One Support and the guy told me that they will escalate the issue to another department to revoke the MFA. It has not been done yet. My god!!!!! Can someone give me some quick help instead of weeks???

Comments

• Nate Wang
    edited February 2019
    HI Kevin, the old phone had been sent back to Hong Kong for a warranty replacement, so I cannot get it back. So what can I do?
  • Nate Wang
    edited February 2019
    Well I think it is an inherent flaw in the design of MFA and STP then because it is not impossible that their devices may get lost or damaged. I have called Reckon and they said they are going to revoke it and let me know. But my experience with Reckon's support is not a happy one.
  • LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2020
    Hi Nat

I had the same problem with changing my mobile phone and discovered after a lot of mistakes and days of reading all the rubbish on google, it turned out that what you need to do is go into the program (Reckon, MYOB, Xero etc,) and turn off the MFA in your profile or setting, wherever you set this up.  Then you need to put the google app on your new phone then reconnect to all your programs.  The turn off function should be somewhere in your set up profile in Reckon, it took me quite a while to find it in both the MYOB and the Zero programs.

Hope this helps
    Lynda
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Spot on Kev

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    We've got this covered in the Single Touch Payroll FAQ help article here -
    Single Touch Payroll FAQs

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nate Wang
    edited February 2019
    Thank you Lynda. Reckon team has revoked MFA in Reckon One for me over the weekend and I followed what you suggested and it is now working. What buggers me was the deadlock in the Profile in Reckon which asks a user to verify by generating a code in their MFA to revoke MFA. Anyway, it is resolved. Thanks everyone.