mfa

Chris_9712442
Chris_9712442 Member Posts: 10
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have set up sms authorisation, but when trying to lodge with gov connect do not receive an sms code, and do not see a link requesting one to be sent to me.
Can you help please?

Comments

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2020
    Thanks.  I tried that but it wouldn't let me.  I selected recovery pin and entered it but it came up with the error "wrong mfa code"  (or something similar)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris,
    Have you ever received an SMS code for MFA authorisation or is this the first time after setting it up?

If you log out of the Reckon Portal account in full, close your browser down, then log back in after a couple of minutes and click on GovConnect it should trigger another SMS to be sent out for authorisation.
    Do you receive it after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

Thanks for this

I did receive an SMS code for MFA authorisation. I'm not sure whether that was when setting up or after set up, but I have only ever received one sms if that helps.

I did shut down and follow your instructions, but still no luck
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris
    Can you head into your Reckon Portal account but click on your Profile (the icon is in the top right corner).
    Once you're in the Profile page, scroll right to the bottom and you'll see a button that says 'View Number'.
    Can you click that and confirm your correct mobile number has been entered?

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav,

Yes, I did that and it is correct (10 numbers all in a rowleading with a zero)

back to you !
  • Chris_9712442
    edited July 2020
    Just to confirm, I am going to Proces single touch payroll, selecting, saving, logging on to portal and then selecting gov connect.  It then asks for the 6 didgit code which I am not receiving.
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris,
    Can you confirm if the email address for your Reckon Portal account is the same email address registered on this Community account?

Also, can you please advise the ABN you've registered?

Cheers

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    The email address is the same.

The ABN is 14 287 085 277
  • Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    When I logged on to the ATO site it showed Reckon as already linked.  I didn't register the ABN anywhere ( to my knowledge) . Obviously the ABN was already on my ATO business logon
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Chris.
    I think I've tracked down where we're going wrong here and there are two things to it.
    The ABN is already registered for STP under a user name rather than email address for your Reckon Portal account.
    Just login with the user name (which I'd say is the same user name as your Hosted login) and the password.

I've also revoked the existing MFA so when you click on GovConnect now, it will ask you to setup your MFA again.

Let me know how you get on

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    I just tried to check the number in the portal again as per your previous advice  - there is now no 'view number' button.
    As per Kevin Russell's earlier advice I tried to delete and set up again, but this time got a "something went wrong" message
    Does this mean something is happening somewhere?
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris, that's happened because I revoked the MFA from my previous reply.

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your patience Rav,

I am making progress !  I got an sms and logged on and tried to upload, however got another error

At the risk of pushing the friendship can you help with this

"Invalid Company Information provided.  Please check your ABN/WPN and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company"

The ABN is the same.  But I do note on our group certificates there is a branch number 001.  I can't log in to Reckon software.  I seem to have done something wrong - I get the message 

"The attempt to log in with the user name "Admin" failed. This user is already logged into the company file.  If possible, try logging in using a different user name."

I get this message sometimes and don't know how to deal with that either

Can you help please?
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Good to hear we're making progress Chris.
    Ok there are a couple of things to tackle here.

"The attempt to log in with the user name "Admin" failed. This user is already logged into the company file.  If possible, try logging in using a different user name."
    Lets sort this one first. This appears when the previous Hosted session hasn't been logged out properly and its a pretty easy thing to rectify. Step by step instructions here.?

After you've done the above, the next thing is to check the information in your Company Information section in Hosted and ensure that it matches up exactly with your GovConnect STP entity. That includes the branch number. If you have a GST branch number, ensure your STP entity has this as well. More info on what to check with the 'invalid company information error' here.

• Chris_9712442
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Rav.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Guess what I just got when uploading --- "Success"