MIGRATION: How to export Lists data from Reckon Accounts Desktop for a Standard Conversion

Datarec_ReckonLtd
Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

EXPORTING IIF LIST DATA FROM Reckon Accounts desktop

1)      Launch the program and open the specific company data file you want to work with

2)      Click on the File menu, then select Utilities and then select Export, finally select Lists to IIF Files...

3)      You need to export each List separately to a known location on your local hard drive as a plain-text tab-delimited IIF (Intuit Interchange Format) file

·         the Chart of Accounts List

·         the Customers List

·         the Suppliers List

·         the Items List

·         the Employee List

Select each individual List type that you would like to migrate and then click the OK button

Repeat for the remaining List types.

4)      Once you have exported the lists separately, you can send them to us by clicking the link below

Send us the IIF export file(s) for analysis

Send IIF Export Files

Click on the + Add your files button.

Add your email address (ensure it is correct as any notifications will be sent there).

In the Message field, place the following info:

Standard Conversion Request (Standard Desktop IIF)

Company Name: _______________________

Contact Name: _________________________

This will let us know that the file being submitted is assigned to your case and allow the conversion team to perform the analysis.

If you do not provide this information, it will result in delays processing your case.

Comments

• norm memery
    norm memery Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2017
    Yes I am following the process.  I'm ok up to the following point: save in  eg xyz document.  I click save, the new folder tab changes brightness (as if I've clicked on it) and then nothing happens, nothing is in the new folder.  I've tried putting it in so many folders, documents etc - all to no avail.
  • Mike Rankin
    Mike Rankin Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    I cant open my previous version 2012/2013. it is gone from my computer.. I only have the last back up file which I cant open
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2019
    You can create a Reckon Account Hosted trial account, upload the file to the Hosted platform in order to restore the backup, then follow the steps to export the Lists.

Alternatively, you will need to install the QuickBooks 2012/13 software to open your older file.

Or send the QBB file to the Migration Team and they can extract the Lists for you, however, it will be a chargeable service.