Missing company data file in Accounts plus 2019 Release R2?

Options
Tim Cross_7724692
Tim Cross_7724692 Member Posts: 44
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am running desktop Accounts Plus 2019 Release 2 which I had upgraded for new tax tables etc successfully. I had no problems for several weeks. I had not accessed the software for several weeks and to my horror when I opened it yesterday it asked me to open the company file. Several suggested files were out of date and a search of the C Drive failed to locate the "current" file (most recent April 2019 modified). I am at a complete loss as to how the file could all of a sudden just disappear? To make things worse the hard drive on which I had a back up can no longer be accessed due to a recent format. Is there any way that I may be able to check the location or retrieve the correct data file or am I looking at having to update from April 2019 onwards, working from bank statements? I had produced PAYG certificates and run IAS/BAS reports since April on the software. HELP! (Only thing I can think of is if data file was also being saved on external drive but I am sure I would not have done this). Should have taken up the offer to move to Hosted after all!

Comments