Missing invoice files once updated to Reckon Accounts 2016

Sarah_8210316
Sarah_8210316 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Updated my Reckon Accounts 2016 and opened the back-up file and nearly a year worth of invoices were lost! Help is there any way to fix or find them?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Community Sarah

Just checking off the basics first, try double checking the backup file to ensure it's the correct (most recent) one made prior to the upgrade.

If it's not the right one, or you can't find the most recent backup, head back to your previous version and create a new backup file, save it to your Desktop then restore.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sarah_8210316
    edited May 2016
    Ok It was the latest backup file that was saved onto the desktop.
    The older version of the software wont allow me to open the old file as it is now "updated"
    It seems as if it only backed up to a certain month and didn't back up anything more recent.

Any other suggestions?
  • Sarah_8210316
    edited May 2016
    I found the missing data by searching it!
    Thank you. It is opening on the Reckon Accounts 2015 instead of 2016 but that is fine as long as I didn't loose those documents
  • Dick Edwards
    Dick Edwards Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016

Hi Sarah

I always include a reference to the program in the data file naming e.g.

XYZ Company RA16.qbw - working file

XYZ Company RA16.qbb - backup file

Similarly for RA15.

I believe this removes any confusion as to which program version I have used.

Cheers

Dick

AP Consultant